1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198139403343 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by SLLIK, Sep 27, 2014.

1. SLLIK

SLLIK New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74732816
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198139403343

Victim profile: 76561198109731360

What happened? Description:
    How did I know him? I know him through dota 2 trade reddit. He placed a post saying he is new to trading and has no rep and because of that he is willing to sell his items for a bit lesser than what ppl offer here.

1. Why you trust him? I added him and he even went to greater length to made a steam call with me. He says he name is Jericho he want to hear my voice and to make sure i am not a scammer. So we chat for a while, he says he is from Dubai, working as a air steward and blah blah blah. And so i make my first payment to him for 1 timebreaker for $75.

2. After payment went through, he refunded me back the money saying, 'Just to prove to you that I am not a scammer and if i could i will ran away with your money'

3. And i thought, well this is weird and didn't want to trade with him for a time being.

4. After a while also playing a couple of dota games with him, my trust for him grew a bit.

5. So yesterday on 26 of September i chatted with him saying i like to buy 2 tbs and and paid him via paypal. I went first and and he replied all its good. Then suddenly he replied saying i am a scammer and that i just chargedbacked him for the 2 tbs. Followed he deleted and blocked me from steam friend list.

Mistakes i could have avoided:
    On the start he try to be friendly and make me feel that he is trustworthy. That was a big mistake as like other scammers, he is a sweet talker. He try to established a friendship with me and in game with me couple of times.

Secondly he refuses to add me using his main account and try to portray to me he is a rich man and has done many deals before. And that his main account has many valuable items he doesn't want anyone to know.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Jambo

Jambo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11540043
    Can confirm. This person attempted the same scam with me a moment ago until I linked this thread.

Attached Files:

3. carry like mariah

carry like mariah New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:89568807
    First of all, I DO NOT KNOW this "Sllik" person who opened this report. I wasnt aware of this until my ex-friend "Jambo" linked me this page! This is so unfair to people who are wrongfully accused. I though that steamrep is there to help and support the community?

Facts: This guy Sllik opened this thread/report and accused me. First of all, my name is not Jericho... and look at the paypal name on his/her screenshot. I AM NOT that guy.. I can show you my identification card if you want.

Fact 2: Just because I have used 3rd level inception nickname does not mean that I am the same guy.

Fact 3: This accusation is completely false and destroyed me to a potential trade I couldve done with a friend on my friendlist. HOW IS THIS FAIR???

Fact 4: Yes, Jambo is my my ex friend.. We were suppose to trade accordingly. Yes, that is me on that chat. But as soon as he linked me this page, HE GOT SO MAD and started cursing me on voice chat. My wife heard the whole conversation and got really pissed at me as well.

Moral of the story: I WAS ACCUSED OF BEING A SCAMMER 10 MONTHS AGO, WHICH I ONLY KNEW JUST NOW WHEN JAMBO LINKED ME THIS PAGE. THIS IS AN UNCONFIRMED REPORT AND YOU MUST DO WHAT IS RIGHT AND REMOVE THIS SINCE THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY PROOF THAT I AM THAT SAME PERSON THAT SLLIK GUY TALKED TO. I DONT EVEN OWN A PAYPAL ACCOUNT!!! WHY DOES THIS SITE ALLOW SUCH ACCUSATIONS? DOES IT MEAN I CAN SIMPLY ACCUSE SOMEONE AND GET AWAY FROM IT?

LASTLY, THE SECOND REPORT HAPPENED BECAUSE OF THAT STUPID FIRST REPORT. WE'RE ABOUT TO LAND A TRADE AND THIS STUPID ACCUSATION DESTROYED THE WHOLE THING. HOW DARE THIS SITE ALLOW PEOPLE TO BE DESTROYED OVER ACCUSATIONS THAT HAVE NO BASIS! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    I see a lot of proof. I see a chat log which shows your steam account giving that paypal email as a payment destination.

There are still plenty of ways to do trust trades while having a report against you. You could go first.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. carry like mariah

Steam:
    yes i see the chatlog too. but I AM NOT THAT PERSON. Fine we used the same name, but what does that prove? i did not scam that sllik guy and i dont know who scammed him. like i said, i can show anyone my driver's license or passport or whatever//

as for this comment "There are still plenty of ways to do trust trades while having a report against you. You could go first." - YES, i am willing to do that.. i even told Jambo (the second guy) that we can use a middleman. and i have l a lot of gift trade comments on my profile. Jambo made a post after SLLIK because he thought I was scamming him. and what was his basis? SLLIK's comment.

regardless, BOTH dont have proof.

let's put it this way, let's say someone added me using a MOD's name... i'll pretend i got scammed... post screenshots or whatever like what that SLLik guy did. Then I make a report here on steam rep exactly what he did...

Then that mod should have the same scenario as myself.. like he should also have an "unconfirmed report", correct?? and his name should also carry that disgusting "unconfirmed report" for 8 freaking months since they say that they got lots of cases to take. I wouldnt even know about this report if JAMBO did not point me to this thread!

HOW COME THIS REPORT IS STILL OPEN AFTER 8 MONTHS and after my explanation?? ANYONE, PROVE ME THAT I SCAMMED SOMEONE! IF YOU CANT, THEN DELETE THIS SHITTY report that has no evidence!
  6. Salmon

Steam:
    He clicked on your picture in chat, put your URL into steamrep and made this report. It's not based on name, it's based on your account.

The only time "it wan't me" can come into account is if it's a deliberate impersonator who tried to link your rep thread or something. However, nothing of that sort happened here.

You can try to prove the evidence is fake, but I don't think you can prove that's not you in the chats.
  7. carry like mariah

Steam:

you are missing the point. he clicked my picture? where? was that shown from the so-called "evidence" he attached?

let's say i do the exact same thing to you? i'll open a chat with a friend.. ask him to change his name and profile picture to what you have... then...since i know your steam address...or just search your name on steam, post that link... like how exactly what he did... how are you going to defend that? cos it seems like you're saying that i did this scam with the "evidence" he shown.

he searched for a name, HE GOT MY ACCOUNT... not possible??? that is very possible... and because he caught my account instead of the real hacker, I AM CONSIDERED A SCAMMER???
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. carry like mariah

Steam:
  9. carry like mariah

Steam:
  10. carry like mariah

Steam:
    and it's amazing how you can judge me when you said that I cannot prove that it was me in the chats... why, because it's my name??? what if im not that person? isnt that posiible?

I KEPT ON SAYING, I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE IDENTIFICATION CARDS I HAVE..
    I DONT HAVE A PAYPAL
    I AM NOT INDIAN!! ( guessing that paypal name is Indian) - it sounds indian

SO, these things doesnt count? cos i get the feeling that to you, it does not... these are facts!
  11. Salmon

Steam:
    Show me one person who had that name on that day.

There is zero reason for someone to be impersonating you.

He got your profile link because you were talking with him.
  12. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61533793
    u said u dunno the victim ryt then y would he link u on this report anyway?
  13. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61533793
    ur not a celebrity or some reputated midman to be inpersonated are u?
  14. SLLIK

SLLIK New User

Steam:
    Jambo, i am sorry that he scammed you as well. How do you like his voice? Isn't he a smooth talker?
  15. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Captain Unicorn Smiles r/dota2trade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55854370
    You claim you do not know the victim. This screenshot of your friends list history determined that was a lie. Would you care to admit anything now that you've been caught in the lie? Or does this play out the tedious way?

[​IMG]
    Salmon likes this.
  16. SLLIK

SLLIK New User

Steam:
    To be honest guys, just be careful. I have already done my part in reporting this scammer.

Jambo is smart. He checks steamrep before doing any trade. Always check steamrep first before doing any trade with anyone.

Ever since that unfortunate incident, which have been months already, i have move on now.

Always remember this 'Guy' will try to call you and smooth talk you over and try to be your best friend. Dont do that!
    He will say that he can do trade only in the mall.
    He will say he have done many trades before with rich traders.
    He will say his friends always borrow items from him.
    He loves to play ursa

Note to scammer: Whatever you have done before, i wont forget the times we have had fun playing Dota 2 together. I got you in my Dota record/history anyway. You cant run away.

A leopard never changes his spot. But i hope you are not a leopard, my friend. All the best!
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @SLLIK Can you please provide the full details of this specific transaction? Additionally, I need a new screenshot of your trade history, ranging from 26 September to 28 September, taken in the Steam client.

@carry like mariah Please provide your PayPal history, covering at minimum from 26 September to 28 September.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
  18. carry like mariah

Steam:
    Thank you Admin for looking into this. FInally, an admin who can really be fair and who'd look to investigate rather than to judge.

-Like I said, I dont have a paypal account and that name on that paypal account is certainly not my name. I can provide you with my driver's license, insurance cards, whatever.. I can send it to you in private if you wish. You can also skype with me to verify that that is me on the identification cards I am sending you. - Or the 3 of us schedule a skype conference. Whatever it takes to sort this thing out. thank you and please continue looking into this.
  19. carry like mariah

Steam:
    One more thing I noticed from reviewing the documents that this SLik guy provided is this: He said he talked to a certain "Jericho" guy. the paypal name he sent the money to has the name of "Kumaran". See? The evidence and the words he said contradict each other. Why would anyone send money to someone's name that are different from real life and paypal. (Jericho and Kumaran)

No one even considered this contradiction because everyone on this page was too quick to judge and call someone SCAMMER than really see what's really happening. So, to you Mr Lava, kindly look in to this. Thanks again!
  20. Salmon

Steam:
    You should provide the admin with the requested screenshots of your trade history.

The admins here are very very smart - they've already considered what you're suggesting & many other scenarios. They've seen it all dozens or hundreds of times before. They won't tell you much of what they're thinking until they reach a conclusion, they will just ask for evidence from you, which you should provide.