1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198140652421 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TheGuyWithaHood™, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGuyWithaHood™

TheGuyWithaHood™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67936696
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198140652421 ()

Victim profile: 76561198096139121

What happened? Description:
    Scammed by Hangaroo, fake account made for scamming real owner might be Chiuu due to strong evidence
    I was selling my Lime green Bill’s Hat and a player named “Hangaroo 2” added me. He implied that he was going to give me $18.04 for my Bill’s Hat via steam funds (through a trade offer) which oddly seemed legitimate due to the fact that the offer was effectively executed by providing detail and a sense of legitimacy in his “trades”, which I reckon is part of his deception and subterfuge. Suddenly, “Hangaroo 2” stated that he did not have the funds on this account, and coerced me to add his alternative account, “Hangaroo” in order to proceed with the trade. Unfortunately, I blatantly complied with him and proceeded with the process: adding his alternative account, complying with his trade offer, and giving him the Bill’s Hat. In the end, I never received the said amount of money, and realized that I was scammed.
    In the state of utter devastation, I tried my best to report this individual. I analyzed his account and deduced that he has multiple accounts that he utilizes to initiate the scams, which is probably a common scammer tactic. I also checked my Bill’s Hat trade history on tf2outpost.com, and saw the current owner of the hat was “Chiuu.” I also analyzed his account, only to discern that he has an unusual (albeit massive) amount of DOTA 2 keys and items for one who has not played the game for a long period of time. I checked what he was selling on tf2outpost and saw that he was selling 2 painted Bill’s Hats and one of them use to be mine. I checked his inventory but oddly there were no Bill’s Hats, likewise this individual has not even played Team Fortress 2 for an hour. Then, I started to piece the puzzle together. All his alternative accounts and his main account (which I theorize is Chiuu) have played DOTA 2, and have barely/have not played Team Fortress 2.
    I made a logical and rational hypothesis: this individual uses his alt accounts to lure his prey by utilizing tactics of deception, sends them a trade offer for an expensive item in return for cash (but not giving it), and sends those items to his main account to sell them for a ridiculous amount of profit and to swim in his pool of “self-claimed riches.”
    Thank you for reading this message and I hope that this scammer will be caught and put to justice. I will link all his accounts and evidence (pictures) down below.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Astral†Bullets

Astral†Bullets New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49236108
    Dis guy added me too and tried the same thing but i suspected him immediately. I've made a seperate report.
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Ready for review.
  4. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Notes:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @TheGuyWithaHood™,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.