1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198140950646 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Arizard, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arizard

Arizard New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30288855
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198140950646

Victim profile: 76561198089131001

What happened? Description:
    Scammer requested to trade victim's Flipknife | Forest DDPAT FT (and other items) for an offer of keys or skins, and the victim agreed on skins. Victim asked for a gut knife in exchange for the victim's flipknife. The scammer claimed he could purchase the gut knife on the steam market, then trade it to the victim.

The scammer requested that a close friend of the victim join their steam chatroom (myself) in order to prove the victim was trusted. After several questions, the scammer asked "Do you trust him to hold your knife?". Thinking this was some kind of escrow service that I was involved in, the victim agreed and then traded the knife across. The scammer then asked for the victim to trade the remaining skins to my account, which went smoothly.

What we both didn't realise was that the first trade was through a phishing account configured to look like my own, and the scammer now had the victim's knife. The remaining skins were still traded to the correct account (mine) so the only item lost was the flipknife.​

Provide Evidence:
    Logs of the chat between victim and scammer:
    Link to the account that was used to mimic my own: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198140971231/

He is scamming other people as well. You can see his steam aliases and watch how often the profile picture changes. Please don't let this happen to anyone else!

Fake account on the bottom. Mutual friend of the real account is the scammer.
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot of aliases:
    [​IMG]
    hopefully I've included all i need

The other guy's friend was just scammed off a knife as well.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Arizard

Arizard New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30288855
  3. 1337 3

1337 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:64432636
    Would it be possible to get my skin back?
  4. Shmaks

Shmaks New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64523519
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @Arizard,

Can you upload the evidence directly into the forum, using the upload file button? Thanks!

'Upload a file button'

[​IMG]

Also do you have the screenshot with the agreement?​
  6. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    This thread has been archived since the requested information was not provided. If you obtain the requested information, please create a new report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.