1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198141080107 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Swordsy :3, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swordsy :3

Swordsy :3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56152190
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198141080107

Victim profile: 76561198072570108

What happened? Description:
    I was selling a Phosphorus Jumpers Jeepcap on tf2 outpost. He adds me and asks me how much I want for my unusual. I reply, he then asks me if I have a "trusted friend". I say I do, he then says he wants me to give the unusual to him for safekeeping while he collects the buds. He then asks me for the link, I link him my friends account;
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064451745

He then adds a fake account with the name "Oxbit." and the same profile picture as my friends into a multi-chat, and asks me to give the unusual to him. This is the fake account:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198131196620

In the "This user has also played as" you can see Oxbit. alongside many other account names with "." at the end.​

Provide Evidence:
    Unfortunately I couldn't get a screenshot of the entire chat, or the multi-chat, but hopefully this screenshot and the accounts provided in the description are proof enough.

View attachment 130561

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Thanks for your report. There isn't a lot of evidence here, nothing I could really ask you to add, and it's hard to definitively prove how things would've played out if you followed through. However, this behavior is consistent with the "trusted friend" scam, for which the accused has multiple pending reports. Therefore, I'm marking this as ready for review, for another attempted middleman injection.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @Swordsy :3,

Your report was accepted for this user, though they were already banned for other reports. We've added the offense to our notes as further consideration during any appeal. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click More drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose Report Violation
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click Submit Report
    Click here to view the animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for submitting a report to us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.