1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198143721456 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Sam Cats, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Sam Cats

Sam Cats New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41960495
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198143721456

Victim profile: 76561198044186719

What happened? Description:
    I made a post on tf2op that I was purchasing Bill's hats. The scammer added me and we opened a trade window. He immediately put up a Troublemaker's Tossle Cap renamed as a Bill's hat (also including the same description as a description tag). Therefore, he is being accused of attempting to defraud me by misrepresenting a Tossle Cap as a Bill's hat.​

Provide Evidence:
    The image named "bill hat scammer" demonstrates the agreement in the chat as well as the attempted scam/misrepresentation in the trade window.

The image named "bill hat scammer2" shows that the renamed Tossle Cap is indeed in the guilty party's inventory (as evidenced by the vanity URL), providing evidence of the scammer's identity.​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Thanks for your report, marking as ready for review.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. アルフォンス・エルリック

アルフォンス・エルリック Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91727864
    I admit that i added him and i i said i was selling a bill's hat.
    I did not specify that it was a real bill's hat.
    I told him it was a joke but obviously he didnt take a screen shot of that because he was mad.
    I never tried to scam this guy.
    Thank you for reading the whole post.
    i do hope this blemish in my steam rep will be rectified.
  4. Sam Cats

Sam Cats New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41960495
    Let it be noted he attempted to appeal the same day he was banned on TF2OP for this outstanding report, showing no actual remorse for his actions.

Also, saying it is a "joke" in retrospect is no excuse. In that case, literally all cases on SourceOP could be nullified by claiming it was a "joke".
  5. アルフォンス・エルリック

Steam:
    Your pictures show nothing anyway.
    The reason i sent the apeal on the day i got banned from outpost is because the reason i got banned from outpost is because of this blemish in my rep.
    The day i did this to you i literally said it was a joke before you even said anything!
    No need to be so butthurt about a simple joke.
  6. アルフォンス・エルリック

Steam:
    can this be taken off my steamrep till its sorted because its causing me to be banned from outpost.
  7. The Rejected Turdle

The Rejected Turdle New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67200192
    Your fault mate. Not theirs.
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello Sam Cats,

Your report was accepted and the accused is flagged for caution in all future trades.

Thank you for submitting this report to SteamRep.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**