1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198144489485 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Honeybadger 2, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Honeybadger 2

Honeybadger 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62817267
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198144489485

Victim profile: 76561198085900262

What happened? Description:
    at 1st i was trying to trade my stuff in csgolounge and suddenly this guy added me and wanted to trade my knife. he offered me 30 keys for my flip knife blue and i said ya lets do it. he then say he want to check my knife so that is not glitchy to make sure and ask me if i have any real life friend online right now. On that point i straight away knew that he wanted to scam me because i had been scam last year ago using this method as well and then i asked him are you a scammer? He try to deny it that he wasn't a scammer and keep talking nonsense. So i had enough of his crap and i decided to report him. I hope that u guys will trade ban him so that he wont have to harm any innocent people out that please be considerate thank you . (sorry for the bad english ) please ban him once again thank you.​

Provide Evidence:
    ★ Danny Trading Knives ★: want to look your knife to appear it to other inventory.. so do you have a real life friend so that online now to hold your knife for a momment i just wanna make sure that your knife is appear it to other inventory.. only 1min i can check it mate.

he said that and i straight away know that he wants to impersonate my friend so that i will trade my knife with him but then he was trying to deny it that he wasn't attempting to scam but clearly he was doing it. i have been scammed by someone else using this method and i wont get scammed the 2nd time. Please TRADE BAN him thank you. HE ATTEMPTED TO SCAM ME BUT FAILED AND HE TRY TO DENY IT.​

Attached Files:

Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. Spoderman 2

Spoderman 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:85466681
    He never really scammed you, and there is not 100% evidence that he tried to aswell. What you should do next time is to play along until you have enough proof that he actually tries to scam you. And also, try to screenshot the whole chat:) Thanks!
    Honeybadger 2 likes this.
  3. Royale with Cheese

Royale with Cheese New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25398924
    The fact that his account is less than one year old and that he has only two games is suspicious enough that the accused is a scammer. Also, take a look at the comment section, most of the +reps are from trade banned users (probably accused's old accounts). I'd give a green light for this one. Good luck with your further investigation.
    Roudydogg1 and Honeybadger 2 like this.
  4. Honeybadger 2

Honeybadger 2 New User

Steam:
    ya i know right he was trying to impersonate my friend. Unfortunately i dont have the enough evidence to proof he is a scammer :(
  5. Honeybadger 2

Honeybadger 2 New User

Steam:
    thx for the tips but then i saw some people reporting this guy as well how come the admin dont accept it?
  6. Honeybadger 2

Honeybadger 2 New User

Steam:
  7. Nocksu

Nocksu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25862464
    tried the same thing on me so i just messed with him for an hour while making food
  8. anonymous1909

anonymous1909 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51405173
    Tried the same thing on me, clearly a scammer.

Attached Files: