1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198148692165 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Frag 2, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Frag 2

Frag 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40606371
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198148692165

Victim profile: 76561198041478471

What happened? Description:
    I was on a trade server when I got a message about my Huntsman knife I'm selling. He told me he didn't have keys but he had a large selection of items for me to choose from and come up with an equivalent price for a trade. Upon going into his inventory, he had hundreds of items, many of them being worth thousands of dollars. After selecting what I wanted, I messaged him asking him if it was a fair trade. He agreed rather quickly which confused me because it didn't even seem like he was price checking. He told me he was scared of scams because he'd been scammed before and didn't want it to happen again. Ok. No problem. He suggests a middleman. I'm new to trading and he knew it. Im in the group message with this guy and the middleman and the middleman is asking me to send him the items so he can verify them. The person I was trading with was also asked to trade his items over. I got very hesitant here because I don't want to just send my items over without anything in return, verified middleman or not. I searched google for csgo trade middlemen and found the profile of the middleman. Went to his profile and its slightly different to the guy in my group message. He also had a different steam rank than this guy. I asked about it and he said the account I was looking at was reserved for high tier TF2 items. Weird, considering I'd found the real profile through /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade's verified middlemen thread. A few further questions from me and I could tell he was becoming impatient with me so I decided to back out of it. They definitely were working together and I'll post the other player's information at the bottom of this post. Also, having checked his profile a little further, he's also tried to impersonate other trade middlemen as shown when I selected his previous names.

Accomplice:
    | steamname: Killerx1 | Trading atm
    | steam3ID: [U:1:179717613]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:89858806
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139983341
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/killerx11
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198139983341

Provide Evidence:
    The screens I've provided are from the chat with the trader who got the middleman. I don't have the chatlogs from the group chat because I didn't know I couldn't go back and access the logs. Unless there is anyway for me to find it, I can't get the group chat logs but the impersonator's profile on steam should be enough proof of scamming even without chat logs.​

Attached Files: