1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198148924318 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by MagicShoes, Sep 13, 2014.

1. MagicShoes

MagicShoes Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38142342
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198148924318

Victim profile: 76561198036550413

What happened? Description:
    Long story short, him and a friend/alt impersonating +Macropower tried to scam me out of my Robo Metal Slug.​

Provide Evidence:
    My captures below provide a good summary of what happened at each point. As you can see, he was attempting a fake middleman scam; he pressed me to choose a middleman, then impersonated my friend +Macropower (ID64 is 76561198041022985; the fake's ID64 is visible in Capture4) under the guise of a middleman trade.

Capture 1: View attachment 138057
    The initial contact and first quarter of our conversation, plus a pic of his ID64.

Capture 2: View attachment 138058
    Second quarter. Pressing him for info primarily, not much to see here.

Capture 3: View attachment 138059
    A pic of the real +macropower's profile, plus evidence that he is, at present, marked "snooze" - but online according to his profile. A small part of our conversation is missing - I try to link him to an IRL friend, who is offline, to see if he'll try to impersonate him. Only 3-4 lines of text are left out of the overall log. He doesn't take that bait, but does attempt to impersonate +Macropower.

Capture 4: View attachment 138060
    Fairly damning. While the real +Macropower resides on my friend's list and is clearly marked as snoozing, the fake +Macropower is listed as "online" in the 3-way chat that the scammer set up.

Capture 5: View attachment 138061
    The fake +Macropower's profile and ID64 are visible - the real +Macropower is still clearly visible as snoozing (on my friend's list), while the fake is marked as online and attempting to trade with me.

If you need any more info, let me know.​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Thanks for your report, I have enough to mark this as ready for review.

In the future, please provide the full SteamRep block for the impersonator as well as your friend who was impersonated, instead of simply referring to them in the screenshots or providing a link to their Steam profile. We need the SR block for a number of reasons. Since I was able to confirm the evidence (particularly impersonation), and uncover some additional evidence on my own, I'm marking this one as ready for review. Bear in mind that doesn't always work out.

Accused #2 (impersonator):
    Victim #2 (impersonation victim):
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Vintage Cobra

Vintage Cobra Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12913087
    Both accounts have been marked.
    Thank you for your report!