1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198149973408 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ovo gancho, Oct 1, 2014.

1. ovo gancho

ovo gancho New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28876185
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198149973408

Victim profile: 76561198018018098

What happened? Description:
    The accused added me shortly after another one ( http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198137786896 ) had done so. Both had "dirty" profiles as seen in the provided evidence and acted at the same time; this on in particular promising to overpay. I put both on hold that day.

The first one made his move today, and after I called him out and asked about his relationship with this user ("CantescapeMe"), he told me: "i dont knw him he just add me anyway and i accept him".

Provided evidence will present a recent profile (08/2014) with 0.3 TF2 hrs on record and yet valuable items in its backpack, as well as comments calling him out as scammer and a pending report on SteamRep.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshot of the accused "dirty" profile, as well as chat windows baiting the scam and the relationship confirmation after the first one was caught on act.​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I don't see any evidence of a scam in this report. While I agree a 2-month-old account with less than 100 hours in any game, packed with expensive items tells of an obvious alt account, having other pending reports against you isn't a scam, and it isn't a reason to make another report. As such, I am archiving this report.

If you find someone committing an actual scam, please fill out a new report. And please don't "bait" them into committing a scam for the purpose of getting evidence you can report here, it makes things more complicated on our end.