1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198150323465 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Kotori, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kotori

Kotori New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45225142
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198150323465

Victim profile: 76561198050716013

What happened? Description:
    We agreed on a price for his Borderlands Pre-Sequel nVidia code for 16 TF2 keys. I went ahead and paid first (this is what I believe to be common practice), but of course, he pulled the classic "run after the payment" scam on me. This occurred over SteamTrades & in the window.​

Provide Evidence:
    http://www.steamtrades.com/user/Clarn

I clicked directly from this SteamTrades profile, which is linked to his account, of course. Not to mention that he already has a negative rep on his profile.​

Attached Files:

2. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:95028868
    I'm really sorry for doing this to you, I've added you back on Steam to try and repay you as soon as you log back in, never though that this would be so hard, I couldn't sleep yesterday just by thinking of what I did to you. I had needs of 16 keys, because I can't really afford buying anything from the internet because the Moroccan currency isn't accept on any website, I only use trading to get the games I wanted. And I wanted one last game wich is Black Ops 2! So I was like why not scamming it, I needed 12 keys to be exact, to get that copy! I'm really feeling bad for doing this to you, hope you'll accept my apologie. I though I could just scam you, and run away without thinking about it, but no its been so hard, never want to experience this again.
  3. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I really had no idea I had a scam report on SteamRep, because I never use this website! Only to check if the trader that i'd like to trade with has a report or not. But yesterday when I tried to trade my Mafia 2 for Batman Asylum, the guy told me that I have a report on SteamRep, when I came and typed my Steam ID here, it turned out that I really have a scam report, I wasn't suprised to be honest because I knew what I did was wrong.
  4. [RH] SauronofMorgoth

[RH] SauronofMorgoth New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54291651
    hey, we all make mistakes, ill see if i can get the person you scammed to look at the page if he/she didn't yet.
  5. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Alright, thank you sir! I appreciate your help.
  6. Kotori

Kotori New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45225142
    I can confirm that I was offered some sort of reimbursement. Accepted, and thanks for uh, having a conscience.
  7. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Thanks for accepting, Kotori
  8. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Contacted the second victim, I'm still trying to get his approvement. Hopefuly, he'll forgive me soon, as I almost got all his requests. This has been a terrible experience for me and I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone. Over all, I've learned my lesson, trying to clean my mess, promised my self to never do this. And hopefuly i'll get back on track as clean as I used to. There will still be some trust issues, but It doesn't really matter to me, as long as I refund the victims that's what's important. I'll let you guys know if there's any updates about the second victims, I should give him back what he lost soon!
  9. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Really happy that all this happened, I wouldn't blame Kotori for reporting me, she did what anyone would do. I've contacted the second victim and told him that I'm sorry for doing this to him and to Kotori of course, I really regret it. I've also promised him to buy him few keys after I get the Steam market access, because I just got my Steam wallet few days ago, it was a birthday gift. He accepted and removed his -rep on SteamTrades.com. Now my profile (http://www.steamtrades.com/user/Clarn) there is clean with no negative as it was. And I'm pretty sure its going to stay like that.
  10. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Alright, its been about a week since all this happened. I finally got to pay the other victim with a bunch of games! He also wanted Bioshock 2, I promised him to get him that game as well. But its out of the refund and he already knows that, we both agreed to that. I've payed him more than I should. But I don't really care, he was not happy about what I did to him. And of course none would.

Otherwise, I've got back into trading and done a bunch of trades in this week. Can't really remember how many but I've done a lot! None really miss-trusted me, but they spoke to me about this report! And they actually appreciaited that I've refunded the both victims and I'm also satisfied for doing it. I've actually met a new friend she's a girl actually and she's an old trader. She has done many and many trades, and I got few advises from her and she helped me a lot to get through all this. We got to make like a little shop me and her, where we trade our games with other games or TF2/CSGO items (keys). I'm so happy that I met her, I'm not sure if I would if all this didn't happen lol.

Now, I guess I'll have to wait for the admins decision. I've never knew that SteamRep had a forum! I thought it was a website where you can check if you're SteamRep profile is clean or not. But now I released that it has a forum etc.. I've actually got to help few people that scammed as well to go through this. Anyway, I'm going to stop trading for a while thats only because my sister is sick and I'm going to travel to the Capital city, because she's doing an operation there. Its only going to take about 2 to 3 weeks! Hopefuly everything will go well with my sister. But I still can check the SteamRep forums from time to time if things went as planned with the operation. Thanks for reading!
  11. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  12. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Hello again, hope that you guys got enough time to make a decision. It's been really long.
    Anyway, I continued trading and reached +70 reputation points on SteamTrades wich is good. And I also started trading using paypal, and all was fine. I honestly forgot that I was reported, the only reason that got me back here, is that because some of the people that I traded with lately always mention that I've got reported etc.. Some of them even cancel the trade and report me.
  13. Clarn

Clarn Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I've also been saving up money to finally buy Call of duty Black Ops II and I got it. And it was one of my goals that I started trading for, I'll also go back to YouTube next month. After I finish my exams! So excited.
  14. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @Kotori,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.