1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198152583215 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by HaterAnnihilator, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaterAnnihilator

HaterAnnihilator New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90648029
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Gambling fraud or spycrab runner
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198152583215

Victim profile: 76561198141561787

What happened? Description:
    Scammer said he was a trusted broker and said he would broker my items. I had $200 in items ~14 buds he stole all of them. My bp is now $3 as it was $210. 3 unusuals, 12 keys pure, and a 1 key cosmetic. I spent over 1 year getting those items.

He convinced me to be my broker, saying he was friends with "Strife", has been shoutout on YouTube, and has about 3 pages of rep. So, I trusted him and he put up a trade on tf2outpost soon after. That night, scammer unfriended me, blocked me, closed the trade on tf2outpost and ran with my items. Before the incident we were pretty good friends, playing in lobbies together, and had been friends for a few weeks or about a month. The three unusuals he has on his showcase are mine.

I do not have the chat, he unfriended me, and blocked me so I can't get the chat back. :/ Why would I lie about $200 about $100 in my own money I worked for.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. HaterAnnihilator

Steam:
    Here is some more proof, he re-added me so I got back these messages. Being a broker, he said he had some "stuff" for me. Which, of course he really didn't.[​IMG]
  3. ☁TTT☁ Ace

☁TTT☁ Ace New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78665844
    I'll post this on both reports. Never expected for him to be a scammer. He was on my friend's list for a while and I went to check his bp.tf only to find -trusts and the steamrep reports. I ended up mentioning it and he admitted to doing the scam - both this brokering one and the steam wallet one. The chat logs are provided below - this should speed up the process. Sorry for your loss McLovin :c
    washerewand1.PNG washerewand2.PNG
  4. HaterAnnihilator

Steam:
    It's a shame, I know. Thank you for helping me. :)
  5. Washerewand

Washerewand Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:96158743
    Ok so back when I had a larger inventory and enjoyed a youtuber named TheProphet who got scammed by a phishing link I decided to track down and donate to him the exact hat he had which was his say "prized possession." This is the video in which he made of it. )) So he is a fairly popular youtuber and was at the time as well. So I got a lot of people coming to me saying +rep or "what a good guy you are here have this" *small donation of item(s)." So then after a bit I got an friend request from this guy named McLovin which was another username at the time that I cannot recall. We played together quite a bit and after a while he decided to donate to me. (probably a couple weeks went by after adding me to say thank you about helping that guy get his hat back) And this is when the guy DONATED ME 230$! Essentially his whole backpack which was 3 unusuals 12 keys and a strange demoman cosmetic. Now I was taken away by this and obviously accepted becuase that is a large amount of money I realized but my immediate thoughts were not "this guy is gonna pull something on me" because I have had him added for a bit. I did not particularly like those unusuals but I almost right away traded them for a couple autralium weapons but i had to overpay for them. So the value of the items which he gave me significantly went down due to me overpaying for other more desirable items. And then he asked for them back... he wanted 230$ in items back... I found this completely unreasonable because I would have had to take some of my inventory value to give back to this guy. I would have been down even more money after helping the youtuber out also if I returned the amount in which he donated to me. And I would like to point out the "evidence and claims" put against me. First the screenshots of the conversation with Ace was his name at the time or still is. When I saw that McLovin was taking this action against me I was very suprised and taken back and like most other people would I got worried and asked other people if that method actually was scamming. And most of my close friends said it was scamming so i got really worried. So originally I was gonna try to trade to get the amount back and give that 230$ in items back to him. So I went to trade with my friend Ace and he noticed -trust ratings on bp.tf so I explained the situation and I "admitted to scamming" but it WASN'T scamming which after I had talked with another friend that was big with trading said that it wasn't which I now know that not giving back a donation isn't a scam. There was a fake convo that was created by one of his friends.

Attached Files:

6. Washerewand

Washerewand Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:96158743
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    The original agreement is HUGE with something like this regardless of what 3rd party conversations were held. I'm afraid without this I'm archiving the report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.