1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198154679477 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by JavaGuy, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JavaGuy

JavaGuy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:76614657
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198154679477

Victim profile: 76561198113495042

What happened? Description:
    First he added me as a friend then stated that his business with me was to buy my unusual. I told him that I would sell it for 19 keys. Normally when I trade with someone they would be a bit cautious if I offered something for a high-end price but he accepted immediately.

He told me that I need to give my unusual to a trusted friend. I contacted my friend Sgt. Paincakes and he told me straight away that this is an obvious scam. We went along with it though because we thought it would be funny when he is confused why he hasn't got my unusual. He tried to contact my friend with an account that look exactly like mine: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077118484

Paincakes told him to go away then game my back my unusual. After that I told him I was ready to trade now as a joke then he told me to "f✿✿✿ off" in utter defeat.

I explain to him how he was trying to scam me then I said I would contact steam support and right after that he went offline.​

Provide Evidence:
    I have put all of the evidence into one image here:
    [​IMG]

If you go to: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077118484
    And click on the arrow next to their name it will say that they have played as "JavaGuy" (my name which hasn't changed for quit a long time now).

This proves that they tried to impersonate me to scam me through my friend. God knows how many other people these players (or perhaps the same person) have tried to scam.​

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Hello, @JavaGuy.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review, and hopefully will result in bans against the accused/s
  3. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Hello @JavaGuy,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.