1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198154947783 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by W4sSuP, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W4sSuP

W4sSuP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:67420523
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Gambling fraud or spycrab runner
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198154947783

Victim profile: 76561198095106774

What happened? Description:
    Operating clone website, offered to alter the outcome of a jackpot if I deposit. I have collected hopefully all the evidence to report for scamming, I lost $10 doing this.​

Provide Evidence:
    Can't go short on this one, but I will try to be as brief as possible.
    He added me as a friend, then started chatting, proposing that he will alter winnings on a website. Not too much after he shared the website's URL (www.csgowildbet.com), and as the chat shows, he predicted all the winners, trying to prove it to me that he is altering the outcome of jackpots. Then he asked me to deposit $10 and he will send me 70% winnings, he will keep 30%. At first I wanted to split the deposit, in to 2 trades, one with 1 skin and the second with the rest 2 skins, so I have proof that my items indeed are automatically transfered into the pot. Obviously the trade offer got cancelled(so he indeed controls the trade bot), as he insisted on a $10 deposit. At this point, the scam was already obvious, but I had to play along to collect all the evidence that could possibly put him into a proven scammer's position. I have deposited 3 items, worth $12 dollars and my name indeed was the winner. (The winner round was #120189) Then the steam-chat shows that he (his trade bot) did send me a trade offer, however, the trade offer was not containing any of my winnings, nor my initial weapon skins, but it was an empty trade offer, asking for my falchion knife and a name tag (pictures included).
    When I approached him to send me at least my own items back, he became inactive in chat, soon after he "went offline". He at least tried to scam my knife away again, I have altered his scamming offer asking for my things back, but obviously I never got my items back.
    I have managed to get the trade offer link for the "trade bot", then with an alternative account I have checked into the trade bot's inventory(pictures included), it contained various other items that shortly after also disappeared. I am certain that he operates on several accounts, as he is moving items away from the trade bot consistently. I do not wish for my items back, I have no care for them as for me, it is more important that his account and the trade bot account are getting banned for scamming. I have also submitted my reports for both of the accounts to steam, I can only hope that at least the trade bot gets a trade ban, so the site will be unable to operate.
    This website is a total scam (www.csgowildbet.com), the participants are either fake, or are offline on steam, they have different profile pictures and they never have the winnings, should they win the jackpot. It seems like these are fake deposits, fake pots and also a fake chat window, with non real-time chat messages.
    The operating trade bot's steam ID:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019585186
    The trade offer link to the trade bot:
    https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=59319458&token=4lqVZG3q
    The website is a clone of www.csgorumble.com

p.s.: It may seem that I wanted to conduct in this scamming activity and I wanted to make profit, however I would like to point out that I had no interest in gathering anything from this activity, I have solely played along to collect enough evidence to be able to report this scammer. I have indeed lost $10 dollars, I have participated in his activity, however I never wish to have these items or the value of them back. My account and it's reputation is more important than any profit I was promised.​

Attached Files:

2. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    Hello @W4sSuP,
    Risking your items is not required to report a scam attempt like this.
    Moving to review.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  4. W4sSuP

W4sSuP New User

Steam:
    Thank you for looking into this, I sincerely don't mind losing those items if it will pay off in a scamming website being taken down. I could've avoided the items being scammed away by simply ignoring this guy, however it may be a more solid evidence this way :)
  5. W4sSuP

W4sSuP New User

Steam:
    @ЩĄ | Horse:thank you for the detailed profile info update on the bot, I sincerely forgot to mention it

As an update that I've seen just now: "dan7e"s profile went private while apparently the "trade bot" became public with a completely empty inventory... I'm curious if anyone will ever see the trades that the bot has made...
  6. W4sSuP

W4sSuP New User

Steam:
    Ohh...here we go, I am digging way too deep into this.
    So apparently as of today, the "trade bot's" profile went public and it has showed up 1 friend. The friend currently has the profile name of "dArk" and interestingly after 1 year it is level 37(possibly boosted somehow?). The inventory contains various items, but for some reason it smells very fishy, as it is an unstable-looking and very rapidly changing inventory according to the screenshots on the profile (might be a legit trader, but having checked his steamrep, I have legit doubts).
    Without further due, I would like to attach this profile to the investigation, as I do sincerely believe that it is linked to the main accused profile in this thread. It might be the hidden main account that was harvesting all the profit from the scamming activity...

dArk steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/OnlyOneDark

| steamname: dArk
    | steam3ID: [U:1:250844088]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:125422044
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198211109816
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/OnlyOneDark
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198211109816
  7. W4sSuP

W4sSuP New User

Steam:
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to know where are we on at the progress of this report? It has been in this state since forever, will it ever be actioned ?
  8. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

SteamRep doesn't investigate reports involved with "Fake gambling sites or scam sites" due to policy.

Invalid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.