1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198155657044 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by [GGVF]Dave Meowintons, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GGVF]Dave Meowintons

[GGVF]Dave Meowintons New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40896197
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198155657044

Victim profile: 76561198042058123

What happened? Description:
    I was going to trade the "Unusual Dark Falkirk Helm" to him and, understandably, he wanted a middle man from my friends list. I chose my friend [GGVF]Sir Lord Gravity Cat XII because I trust him to not run off with my items.

True Value then said he could wait for Sir Lord Gravity Cat XII to add him but it was a bit surprising when he claimed that Sir Lord had added him when he wasn't even online.

We then went into a group chat which was: me, True Value and the fake [GGVF]Sir Lord Gravity Cat XII. The first thing that the fake said was "hi" which was the giveaway. Sir Lord never says "hi".

Upon questioning the fake, he said: his name was "Jammey" (No it isn't), I called him Sir (I only call him "Sir" when I'm talking to other people. I don't go up to him and call him "Sir", I call him by his real name), and he said: "you respect me meow" (Okay, out of context, this seems fine, but if you look in a general conversation between me and Sir Lord, you would find that all we do is insult each other. There is no respect in what we say and that is why we're friends).

After they realised that I was on to them, they quickly left the chat, unfriended me, and went offline.​

Provide Evidence:
    All images below​

Attached Files:

2. [GGVF]Dave Meowintons

Steam:
    This isn't the first time that True Value has done this type of scam.
  3. [M&C] TheBluekr

[M&C] TheBluekr SteamRep Moderator Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63807812
    Can you add the full window of the chat log with him and his profile with the url? In steam it can be configurated in settings to show the url.
  4. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53127148
    True Value tried to scam me too. no screens, because I didn't wanna take so much time out of my life for Steamrep's cause.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @[GGVF]Dave Meowintons Do you have full, uncropped, unedited screenshots of your conversation with the accused? Did you get any screenshots of the accused's profile while , with the URL bar visible?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. [GGVF]Dave Meowintons

Steam:
    I have added a screenshot of True Value's profile with URL bar in this message.

I also have a full transcript on a .txt file which is unaltered, but I am unsure on whether it would count as proof. I have uploaded it with this comment as well.

Attached Files:

7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    We need screenshots of the conversation, as opposed to just a transcript.
  8. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    This thread has been archived since the requested information was not provided. If you obtain the requested information, please create a new report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.