1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198155702101 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ❅Double Helix, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ❅Double Helix

❅Double Helix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44387672
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198155702101

Victim profile: 76561198049041072

What happened? Description:
    I added someone that was interested in my Cloud 9 Headsplitter (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198155613202/ <-- His alt account.) He told me he wanted to add one of my friends that he felt I could trust the most. I give him a link to my friend's profile (http://steamcommunity.com/id/aquaticsasquatch).

I suddenly go into a chatroom with the trader and my "friend" who was actually the perpetrator in disguise trades with me. I give him the 3 unusuals as I thought he would be the middleman. Soon after quickly peering his account, I realized it was a fake and he already had my 3 unusuals before I could do anything.

He and the trader removed me once they saw I was catching onto them.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Please give uncropped trading history.
  3. ❅Double Helix

❅Double Helix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44387672
    Here it is.

Attached Files:

4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Hello, @❅Double Helix.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review, and hopefully will result in bans against the accused/s
  5. oB2Ko Mario

oB2Ko Mario New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19282230
    I am a friend of both victims in this report, and I wanted to follow up this report with some information that may be worth noting.

In reference to the Cloud 9 Horrific Headsplitter, that unusual actually showed up on the TF2 Warehouse. It was being consigned for about four buds; an admin has been notified and an investigation is currently in progress. More details about the report can be found here. I'm not entirely sure why the guy decided to try and pawn the hat off in a place where someone can freeze it, but here we are.

In reference to the Stormy Storm Hound Dog, it has been, unfortunately, successfully traded away. It shows up in two backpacks and has since been stripped of the custom name and description tags that were on the unusual at the time of scamming. It first shows up in (¯`*•.¸♫Princess♥Kenny☂'s backpack (who interestingly has a few steamrep reports already, including one report where they bought unusuals from a scammer), and then it shows up in Lukegoboom1 :D's profile (who has no steamrep to report and is currently selling the unusual in question). Both of these guys are probably just victims in the case as well, but this is probably worth a mention anyway.

The Blizzardy Storm Sergeant's has yet to come up. It may still be in the scammer's backpack since it hasn't appeared in any public backpacks yet.
  6. Lukegoboom1

Lukegoboom1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43547819
    I had no idea, sorry. I just bought it to resell, and its kinda rude to tell people to not buy the hat, as I had no idea about its past.
  7. oB2Ko Mario

oB2Ko Mario New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19282230
    Yeah, I figured that's what happened, haha. I'm not saying the hat shouldn't be sellable now, I'm just trying to provide a history of what happened with the hats over the past couple of days in hopes that it can tie down those responsible for the scam. It showed up with you guys, so it was more or less just bad luck on our part that it got sold away so quickly.

Actually, let me rephrase that: it was pretty much expected that it got sold away as quick as it did. We got INCREDIBLY lucky here since the hat from the guy who had absolutely nothing to do with the trade appeared on Warehouse. Plus the consignment was from a guy with a very spotty steamrep and an outstanding ban, so it was secured.

Sorry for throwing you under the bus like that, though. I just wanted to make sure everyone involved knows where the Hound Dog ended up, at least in case the admins here were looking for information like that. I didn't mean to say you or Kenny aren't trustworthy, and I didn't mean to say you shouldn't sell the hat. I'm sorry.
  8. Lukegoboom1

Lukegoboom1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43547819
    Yeah its just that Helix posted on my trade "http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.81971/#post-227638

Item's been scammed from me. Don't even trade with him."
  9. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Hello @❅Double Helix,

Your report was accepted for this user, though they were already banned for other reports. We've added the offense to our notes as further consideration during any appeal. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click the MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view the animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for submitting a report to us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.