1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198155913933 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by flizzflobking, Apr 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flizzflobking

flizzflobking New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:77115860
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198155913933

Victim profile: 76561198114497449

What happened? Description:
    I posted a trade discussion on Steam community discussions, selling my TF2 inventory for a CSGO knife. He added me, and told me that he had to buy the knife from opskins.com. He said I have to give him my items first, to confirm I will actually trade and not back out when he buys the knife. He said he would counter my offer of my items with the knife (Karambit | Doppler) added to his side of the trade. I immediately became suspicious, and tried to convince him that I was not a fraud and I was serious about trading. He would not budge, and said if I was not willing to agree to the method, there wouldn't be a deal. Eventually, he said I could give my items to a friend to hold. He asked for the name of my chosen friend, and then proceeded to add him from my friends list. I was with my friend all this time, so we could confirm he wasn't trying to scam. After adding my friend, he said that i should trade all my items to him, through a trade URL, which he provided. When I clicked on it, it took me to a trade with a person who had the same name as my friend, but i knew it was an impersonator because of his Steam level.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @flizzflobking What is the SR profile block of the fake friend? Please provide that.
  3. flizzflobking

flizzflobking New User

Steam:
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks - remember in the future not to edit or put words etc on images you provide for evidence.
  5. flizzflobking

flizzflobking New User

Steam:
    Yes, I will make sure not to.
  6. HenryCooper@Opskins

HenryCooper@Opskins New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:97824102
    Hello sir i would like to discuss about this accusation because i did not steal even a single piece of his items and all the picture evidence is edited
  7. HenryCooper@Opskins

HenryCooper@Opskins New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:97824102
    He just wanted to trade his TF2 Items for my CSGO items but maybe he is pissed because i did not want to trade a karambit doppler for his tf2 items because its worth is not equal to karamabit doppler
  8. flizzflobking

flizzflobking New User

Steam:
    Yes, you didn't manage to steal any items because I'm not gullible. I figured out you were trying to scam me. And the evidence isn't heavily edited, it just has a few words added, as I didn't know that wasn't allowed. You are the first person I have reported.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.