1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198156033886 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Magnated-Tyrant, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Magnated-Tyrant

Magnated-Tyrant New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:90984863
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198156033886

Victim profile: 76561198142235454

What happened? Description:
    Was added over doing a paypal sale of my used to be owned Strange Field Tested Current Event Scattergun. I told them I would do the deal of 18 Dollars and a Key pure during the trade of the scatter. I got the key and they received the scatter, and I then gave the email for my paypal. They then said ''Thank you'' and unfriended me. No money was sent, or even attempted to be sent. Shortly after a trade opened up on outpost of them selling it, which they closed after I accused them of scamming, responding with ''lol''.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Magnated-Tyrant

Magnated-Tyrant New User

Steam:
    The date on the paypal money received check is set to my incorrect PC day, the 17th. Just to clear up any confusion.

Attached Files:

3. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Hello @Magnated-Tyrant,
    Would you kindly re-upload the screenshots of your trade history, paypal activities, and chat if possible following the instructions below?
    Please refrain from cropping and/or editing the evidence if possible.
    You may block out your personal information like steam username and email. (Optional)
    Evidence is valid and accepted when it:
    - Display steam related evidence using steam client browser. (Required)
    - Excludes the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right. (Optional)
    - Shows the Steam URL in top left. (Required)
    - Shows the FULL Steam client browser. (Required)
    - Shows FULL chat window if providing chat records. (Required)
    - Shows the full browser if providing Paypal/Cash Transaction related evidence. (Required)

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. Magnated-Tyrant

Magnated-Tyrant New User

Steam:
    I can't for the chat history, since I have exited the chatbox (Hope its still a good enough picture, as I sadly using the snipping tool which basically takes a photo of a select dragged area), but for everything else I can go and do a screen capture redo. Ill get it done within a hour and a half from now since I must go somewhere for now.
  5. Magnated-Tyrant

Magnated-Tyrant New User

Steam:

Done for everything but the chat, since I no longer have access after closing the window when unfriended. I hope the chat screen shot is good since I did maximize it in the photo. Thank you for your work :)

Attached Files:

6. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Hello @Magnated-Tyrant,
    The evidence is sufficient for your report to be prioritized for further investigation.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, and please do so again if you encounter any scam attempts. Thank you.
  7. Magnated-Tyrant

Magnated-Tyrant New User

Steam:
    By any chance does this report have an estimated final review date? Its just saddening seeing the violator sell the scammed items, and happily continue trading like nothing happened untouched.
    (Sorry if I seem impatient)
  8. Magnated-Tyrant

Magnated-Tyrant New User

Steam:
    Welp, I basically got the scammer to accidentally admit to what he did. He said the report will only get him a warning since he traded me a key (Which makes no sense, since you get marked for scamming without any warnings or strikes, which also includes even if the scammed person received a portion of what was promised, and a single Key without the $18 included is way too far for being warning worthy in my book)

Attached Files:

9. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @Magnated-Tyrant,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**