1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198156814730 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ardeN - #MAc, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardeN - #MAc

ardeN - #MAc New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51067649
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198156814730

Victim profile: 76561198062401026

What happened? Description:
    In the beginning, he added me as friend to ask if i was interested to trade my knife for keys. I rejected that offer and stated that i wanted an M9 bayonet but if the price is too low, he need to add keys. He said ok and then requested if he could check my knife out. He claims that there is a glitch where after one traded a knife, it didnt show in the recepient inventory. So i asked him how does he wanna check my knife out. He instructed me to pass it to a close friend of mine that i trusted and then he will add my friend. So apparently i was beside my friend at that point of time in class (because we are classmate) and then i traded to him. He received the knife as i saw on screen. He then keep prompting us to reply him. A group chat started between him, me and my friend. I then told him that i already traded with my friend. So my friend said in the chat that he received it. Whatever my friend talked in his groupchat was what exactly appeared in my groupchat. In the end he checked that my friend has received the knife and he said ok. He then asked me again what is the deal, i replied him that the deal is my bayonet stained ft for my bayonet stained ww. And then I was kicked from the groupchat. And on my friend screen, it showed i was kicked. And then a trade request with my name appeared on my friend steam. At that point of time i also requested him to trade to get back my knife. I was in the trade room and then the trade got closed due to poor connection. The scammer was too quick to send a request. My friend then instantly thoought it was me and then immediately press ok and make trade. And then the trade was done. We both waited for the trade offer and then nothing happened. Later we realised in our steam message history and checked out their profile it is private. We checked everything like the accounts previous name. And there appeared my name and my friends name that he used before. It was a scam.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Hello, please link the other user here
  3. ardeN - #MAc

ardeN - #MAc New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51067649
  4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Hello @ardeN - #MAc,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.