1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198157391303 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mini, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mini

Mini New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56374782
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198157391303

Victim profile: 76561198073015293

What happened? Description:
    This guy added me about a quicksell i was selling on outpost that he wanted to buy. He wanted to check if its duped so he checked my profile then he said to give it to my trusted friend (one i know in real life) so that he can check his backpack and double check if it was duped. I was questioning why he wanted to do this but i was eager to sell it so i just followed along. I asked my friend ad all and he was okay with it so my friend gives me his profile link and i give it to the guy. He adds him and tells me to tell my friend to accept it so i did and my friend accepted it. They were then talking and he wanted to buy my friend unusual so the plan was that my friend would trade me both unusuals then me and the guy would trade for the keys, sounds like a legit plan. So what the guy did was quickly switch his name and picture to mine so that my friend gives him the unusuals because he thinks its me. I say to my friend "are you going to give me the unusuals?" then he says he did and i said i didn't have them and it was at that moment we realized, we were both scammed (me scammed out of a miami nights stout shako (2.2 buds) and my friend a cloud 9 guadalajara (1.6 buds)). Luckily, i had the guys steam profile and all the chat logs. I started doing this immediately and i feel really bad for my friend because he was scammed of his unusual so he was done trading then for christmas i gave him a bud to get back into it and the day after i give it to him he is scammed again. (sorry for the language in the evidence, as you can understand we were both very mad)​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, @Mini.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review, and hopefully will result in bans against the accused/s
  3. Mini

Mini New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56374782
    Thank you :)
  4. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    Hello @Mini,

Your report was accepted for this user, though they were already banned for other reports. We've added the offense to our notes as further consideration during any appeal. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click the MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view the animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for submitting a report to us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.