1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198157985710 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by island55, Dec 22, 2014.

1. island55

island55 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5599945
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198157985710

Victim profile: 76561197971465619

What happened? Description:
    I received a random add, once I did not accept the add this person cancelled the add and sent me a couple trade offers. The trade offers are ridiculous at best. Not only this but he's using the name of the End of the Line creator, McVee, and this is a newly created steam account. Taking all this into consideration, I believe this to be a scam attempt and I also believe he's sent out many other trade offers. My KE is not listed anywhere, it's never been listed since I've unboxed it, which proves he's done some researching to find this particular hat and send me this trade offer.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots are attached​

Attached Files:

2. ĔлigмД.txt (KeroKero)

ĔлigмД.txt (KeroKero) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48263858
    First screenshot is just a really terribly offer, I don't see any evidence of him scamming you and he has 250 hours back when you made this report, how do you know for a fact that he isn't a newer player that doesn't understand unusual trading? I get 1.33ref craft hat offers for my 600 key unusual from newer players all the time. Reporting people that sent you terrible offers are not acceptable for getting people marked. It would be report-able if however he offered you cash through the trade offer or renamed his Brotherhood of Arms "Unusual Brotherhood of Arms" description: "Circling Heart" but that's clearly not the case?

In terms of in-impersonating the End of the Line director Jame's McVee, his profile image, country, profile info and name's spelling are not the same as the genuine's McVee. You just can't accuses someone without any evidence and expect that your proof is the 1 similarity. There are more than 2 people with the profile name of McVee, just search the community market and you'll find way more.

Although, don't feel too discourage. Just be sure to report people that you know are trying to scam/attempted to scam you rather than believe they are.
  3. island55

island55 New User

Steam:
    1. I didn't accept his random friend request so I gave the evidence I had.
    2. If he's a new player why did he chose my most expensive hat? I have/had ~14 other unusuals aside from that KE

It starts with a report, if another person gets a random incoming friend request and/or trade offer from this guy and they do their homework they will see my experience with this person. He's obviously trying to get a lot for nothing, what if I had been a new player and accepted this offer? What happens then? I'm simply sharing my experience for the next person.

4. I did report people that I know are trying to scam/attempt to scam me and it brought you here.
  4. ĔлigмД.txt (KeroKero)

Steam:
    "Reporting people that sent you terrible offers are not acceptable for getting people marked. It would be report-able if however he offered you cash through the trade offer or renamed his Brotherhood of Arms "Unusual Brotherhood of Arms" description: "Circling Heart" but that's clearly not the case?".

Hypothetically even if you did accidentally accept the trade offer, the most he would get is a banned on TF2Outpost as SteamRep DOES NOT mark users for sharking and even then, there is no communication claiming that his or your item values are unrealistic for his gain but still I'm sure a ban on TF2Outpost is the most he would get.

" I did report people that I know are trying to scam/attempt to scam me and it brought you here."
    There's no genuine proof of evidence. All you have is you receiving a terribly offer (which again, does not meet the requirements for getting marked on SteamRep if it's just a terribly offer by itself with no form of deceptive communication) and speculation of evidence for impersonation. So virtually, no reliable evidence what so ever. All you did was use up not only my time inefficiently but also other users that run background checks because you think he is? You just could have clicked decline & confirm declining...

If you want to alert other user's that he goes around asking for your items virtually for free, you might have a better time using the backpack.tf's trust system but I don't know how lenient when it comes to negative trust comments, do so at your own risk.
  5. island55

island55 New User

Steam:
    You clearly were bought here for one reason or another so let's have that reason. Why were you brought to this page? and why do you continue to waste your valuable time making this guy not seem like a potential scammer? He's not marked because I think he's a scammer, is he? No, I'm sharing my experience with others. I know he's not going to get marked due to this thread, again, I'm simply sharing my experience.

Anyway, what brought you here and why are you putting so much effort into ensuring others think this was not a scam attempt?
  6. island55

island55 New User

Steam:
    and another thing, what if this guy had sent out many trade offers like this and everyone reported him? Then it would be a more serious issue, right? But at the time how was I supposed to know that? I seen a scam attempt and I reported it. but don't let this new post throw you off of my original question, what brought you here and why are you putting so much effort into ensuring others think this was not a scam attempt?
  7. ĔлigмД.txt (KeroKero)

Steam:
    Last time posting, you're clearly aren't going to let this go...
    If everyone reported all the terribly offers they received then pretty much all 50% of traders would be marked on SteamRep. If this user had multiple reports similar to yours, again SteamRep would not accept them do to them not being acceptable ground of being marked on Steam. I've seen some users with 5 reports all of them rejected just because the user they made it again made terribly offers and was being a genuine jerk. (which I already said that this wasn't acceptable to getting marked in the first place on Steamrep)

"why are you putting so much effort into ensuring others think this was not a scam attempt" There's a difference between being insanely unhappy with an offer & scamming. There being no proof of an actual scam attempted, why are you putting so much to ensuring others think this WAS a scam attempt? You're trying to justify why he should get marked with no evidence...I'm on this user's side is because you haven't convinced me he is a scammer...

"No, I'm sharing my experience with others. I know he's not going to get marked due to this thread, again, I'm simply sharing my experience."
    SteamRep is incredibility understaffed. They have so much work to do and so much reports to review, I don't approve of you using up their time like this even though you know you're using up their time? This isn't the right place to share "share experience", don't get me wrong it's nice you want to help out the community and alert other users of fraudulent activity and please, don't think this is me encouraging you not to do so but this is not the way to do it... I'm here to ensure that in the future your reports are the right reports as I don't presume this is going to be your last report.
  8. island55

island55 New User

Steam:
    I let this go the moment after I reported the user but since you've revived this 3+ month old thread, I'm going to defend myself and yes, I would make this same report again tomorrow. It's not my fault SteamRep is understaffed and I have no idea why you think I'm after your approval?

I don't expect you to reply back and I hope you don't so this thread will die off again like it was, or maybe it'll get closed which is probably what you want since you revived this old thread.. but for the record, if you do reply for whatever reason then I will keep posting because I believe in my report and stand by my original decision.

I will say that since there were no other reports made against this user then sure it can be chalked up to a horrible offer but again, I did not know that at the time of my report and again, I would make this same report again tomorrow given the same parameters.