1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198160224132 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Ayjun, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayjun

Ayjun New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75913075
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198160224132

Victim profile: 76561198112091878

What happened? Description:
    I posted a trade offer on Lounge. Scammer added me, attempted to scam me through a middle man. He then accused me of trolling/scamming and is probably now in the process of -repping me to hell.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^^^ haha
    Below is the group chat after Death in the eyes told me to trade to a friend to verify if item is "not glitched" (devastate is my friend)
    [​IMG]
    this guy shames people who are "scammers" (aka people who were trying to trade with him)
    [​IMG]

sorry for the maybe lack of evidence. I accidentally closed the chat with him and cannot go back to the chat history to screenshot everything.​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Ayjun I'm unable to confirm you were ever in contact with this user - can you screenshot a activity view of you adding the user?
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Going by your profile screenshot, you appear to have dealt with an impersonator, and reported the wrong person. I have updated your report accordingly. If you have additional evidence to show you dealt with the real "Death in the Eyes", please reply in this report, or make a new report if you are unable to. For reference, here is the person we believe you dealt with:
    Here is the person you reported, for whom I just dealt with 3 other imposters:
    In the future, please follow these instructions whenever trading with, trusting, or reporting someone: https://steamrep.com/tips/pretrade and NEVER trust links sent to you in Steam. That's how impersonation scammers win.

Additionally, please upload all your screenshots to the forums as attachments. Do not upload to 3rd-party sites like Imgur, Gyazo, or Discord.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This report has been found to have no response for an extended period of time.

Either additional evidence or information was requested at which no reply was made and therefore the report will be marked Archived.
    You are welcome to submit a new report with what was requested here along with all other evidence provided and an explanation as to why you were unable to respond to the first report.

Please be sure to follow our Screenshot Guide/Requirements prior to remaking this report or any others in the future and to follow our Investigative Policy as noted.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.