1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198160709968 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Angel ♥, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel ♥

Angel ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33680763
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198160709968

Victim profile: 76561198027627254

What happened? Description:
    Around 1 month ago I posted a comment in the old giftable thread on reddit about wanting to "trade" Medusa's set Serpent of the Emerald Sea for Dragon Knight's set Knight of the Burning Scale. I was contacted about a week after by this guy who said I can call him "Yian". He didn't have what I wanted, so instead we agreed that he'd send me some other items 2 times, 1 time before I gave him the Medusa set and 1 time afterwards to complete everything (as my set is only giftable).

Anyway, instead of the Dragon Knight set, we agreed that he'd first trade me a rain weather effect and after I give him Medusa's set, he'd give me a pair of Bloodfeather wings for Queen of Pain and an immortal for Lion (which would make the value at around 3 market keys total). The first trade went through and as soon as I'd given him the Medusa set he deleted me and changed name. I got a screenshot of the completed trade and a screenshot that confirms I sent him the set, but NOT the conversation as I lost the chat history by mistake (note that the name in the screenshot from Dota 2 was the name he used to contact me, the name he changed to afterwards is in the trade history). I've contacted Steam Support regarding the chat history, so I will see if there's anything I can get from them.

I do realize that I will not have enough information to complete the entire accusation, and I also do realize that the gifting system is at your own risk. I'd still like to warn other people however with what I do have.​

Provide Evidence:
    The evidence that I have is attached.​

Attached Files:

2. Angel ♥

Angel ♥ New User

Steam:
    Forgot to add the screenshot of my post at reddit.

Attached Files:

3. Angel ♥

Angel ♥ New User

Steam:
    It looks like he has re-added me almost a day after this, here are screenshots of our conversation. 3 and 4 aren't that important, but all of these confirm that I was right. Can you keep the thread open until the trade is fully complete?

Attached Files:

4. Angel ♥

Angel ♥ New User

Steam:
    I noticed that he removed the dedication on the gift (which further implies he was trying to scam, funny how he added me after I started filing a report). Compare that with the ingame feed screenshot where it's confirmed he received the gift, I will post what it should look like after you receive one. It should have blue text in the description of the item where like in my inventory "Gåva från" means "gift from". Even if he doesn't cancel the trade before the end, I wouldn't trust this person.

Attached Files:

5. Angel ♥

Angel ♥ New User

Steam:
    Here you go.

Attached Files:

6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Angel ♥,

Based on the evidence presented in Report: 76561198160709968 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items), I have marked this thread for further review.
    We appreciate the time you took in order to file this report. Thank you.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members).**
    Best,
    Gentleman
  7. a Gentleman

Steam:
    If you are still around, if possible, please show us a proper trade history screenshot of the cancelled trades:

To proceed, please make sure that you have your Steam URL address bar available in the Steam Client.

To enable the address bar, follow these instructions:
    1. Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    2. On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    3. On the new Settings dialog box, select "Settings" and check the box that says "Display Steam URL address bar when available".

Now, we require that you upload screenshots of your trade history as a reply to this thread.

Follow these instructions to upload actionable evidence:
    1. Head to your Steam trade history.
    2. Find the page that the relevant trade is located on.
    3. Take a screenshot of your trade history following the requirements listed below.

Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    - Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    - Show the Steam URL in top left.
    - Show the Nickname in top middle.
    - Show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    - Show the bottom of the steam browser window.
    - You must use the default Steam skin.
    - You may not edit or alter the screenshot in any way.

Best,
    Gentleman
  8. Angel ♥

Angel ♥ New User

Steam:
    The trades that he cancelled.

Attached Files:

9. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Angel ♥,

Based on the evidence presented in Report: 76561198160709968 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items), I have marked this thread for further review.
    We appreciate the time you took in order to file this report. Thank you.

Best,
    Gentleman
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.