1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198161262802 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Living Electro, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Living Electro

Living Electro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50228187
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198161262802

Victim profile: 76561198060722102

What happened? Description:
    He has several trades open on CSGO lounge where he seems to have a variety of knives. I wanted to trade him my ST FN Falchion knife fade for his ST FN Huntsman knife Slaughter. I added him and the first thing i noticed was that even though he says he wont add people with private inventory his was. Then he went on about using a middleman in case my knife was a "bugged" item... which I never heard of before. I refused since it was too fishy at which point he said ok give it to a friend then I will see it in his inventory and make sure its not "bugged". Told my cousin to help me with this and we agreed via phone call to make sure we were trading with the real person, me or him. I gave him the knife, he had it in his inventory and then told the guy to check it so he could see it was legit. He then started to stall by asking me to add more items to the trade, meanwhile someone impersonating me traded my cousin and made it seem like he was me, fortunately I was on the phone with him so I told him it wasn't actually me. The scammer proceeded to delete me from friends list. This type of scam is getting out of hand, had it not been for me watching a video about it 2 weeks ago it would have ended a lot differently.​

Provide Evidence:
    Please don't let people like him get away with this...​

Attached Files:

2. temsolumed

temsolumed New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:73010839
    +1 this guy had done the same thing to me
  3. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    I'm not an SR staff member, but it may help if you could add screenshots of the rest of the chat window, as well as the chat with the impersonator.
  4. Living Electro

Living Electro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50228187
    seems this guy will never get banned gg steamrep...
  5. FYE

FYE New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75897079
  6. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @Living Electro , in order to proceed with your report please add :
    -A Screenshot/s of your Agreement, group chat and any private chat- in full , taken from inside your Steam Client, without cropping anything;
    -SteamRep block of everyone involved- Your friend, impersonator, etc...
  7. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Since no further information has been provided for over 7 days, I'm going to Archive this report. Feel free to re-submit your report with the requested evidence. Be sure to re-upload all evidence previously provided, and provide a link to this thread.