1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198164369386 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by rust an peeses, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Depends on the nature and context. Falsifying evidence will result in a banned tag as well as inability to submit any additional reports. A report that lacks evidence will just get rejected, since the reporter more than likely just doesn't understand how SteamRep works.
    Can you explain what happened here, please?
    This is not retroactive. Any new off-topic posts in this report will receive warning points, but earlier comments are only removed without a warning issued.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  2. segel

segel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102051829
    Ok so in this response I plan to refute almost every single piece of evidence brought forward today.

Trade History Screenshot
    Doesn't show anything, all it shows is that Rust in peeses did infact send the AWP Corticera to me. It doesn't contribute to hold Rust's case at all.

Statement that I didn't give away the M4A4
    I did in fact give away the M4, which I provided proof to Dr.Blue or someone like that. Although I don't feel like I'm required to provide evidence since your complete statement is entirely unfounded, based off of nothing but your word alone.

You then went and provided a screenshot of my profile, and because it says I'm wanting to buy skins with Paypal you yet again assume that this means I'm a scammer. This is not definitive proof and just because I'm wanting to purchase skins doesn't mean I'm a scammer or illegitimate at all and it's a foolish statement to make considering how many of the highest tier traders, trade with real money. Again, that statement proves nothing and that screenshot doesn't mean anything either.

Screenshot of my Inventory - "Stashed" accusation
    Yet again, another proof that means nothing. Just because the AWP Corticera isn't in my inventory doesn't mean its not there. I may have it listed on market and the fact that you're jumping to this accusation shows that you're extremely desperate, and trying to phish for some proof (which we will see later on).

Screenshot of my Inventory being private
    When I was having a conversation with DrBlue over Steam chat (which I unfortunately do not have proof of, although he probably does) it was apparent that he again was phishing for me to admit to scamming. He also made a connection that a lot of scammers have there inventory private, so you must be a scammer, a common logical fallacy that is completely untrue and frankly doesn't make sense. I'm sure there are other high-tier traders that have inventories private but I don't often see scam reports on them. Yet again another connection with unfounded evidence, and another beautiful logical fallacy was when he tried to say that a lot of scammers go offline when their report gets posted. I'm not sure what this means but it's completely illogical to assume just because I went offline means that I am a scammer. That means that Lava is a scammer whenever he goes offline or anybody and that was just another hilarious statement made by him. Which again, was completely unfounded (notice a pattern?). It also begs the question whether or not this is at all relevant, I'm just wondering how the fact that my inventory was private is relevant at all?

Screenshot of Conversation before giveaway, where you tell me to delete my -REP
    The next screenshot you bring forward is extremely important as it directly contradicts your previous statements and contradicts your argument as a whole. You say that because I'm wanting "fake" and "illegitamite" rep that makes me a scammer, but you literally posted a screenshot of yourself SUGGESTING that I delete the negative rep. This goes against everything that @Lava said and specifialy yourself. So I ask you PLEASE don't accuse me of scamming just because I wanted rep, when in reality you're the one telling me to delete my -rep (as seen at the bottom of http://forums.steamrep.com/attachments/screenshot-48-png.232117).

The wonderful quote below shows that you in fact were the one suggesting that I delete the rep in the first place.

Screenshot of your inventory history, claiming that this proves you didn't scam anyone
    If you look at your screenshot, on Feb 21 you receive a load of trading cards. How do we know that you didn't scam for these? This isn't proof that you didn't scam all it is is proof that you have some decent trades, although on some sides heavily one sided which could indicate a scam (if I loved to jump to conclusions as much as yourself)

Overall, all you have brought forth is basic accusations of me scamming you which are all completely unfounded and the only really main proof you brought forward was that I have fake reputation, and in one of your posts above (linked in this post) you can actually see you suggesting that I should delete the reputation because it had to do with a giveaway. This not only directly contradicts your entire 3 posts about fake reputation, shows that you are deliberately trying to mask the fact that you are basing your entire arguments off of nothing but thin air.
  3. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75151564

In fact, the Trade History would show a lot. If it's in the market, show a picture of it. If it's not, provide a picture of your trade history. It's a simple task. The 3 latest pages. It would show which account the knife of Metromac's, my AWP, Jeoung (Talked over chat) and his Asiimov AWP, and GeT-RiGhT's USP.

You've already scammed somebody through PayPal. Metromac. He has the proof. I don't know why it hasn't been accepted, but he has the proof. All his latest transactions are all money out his account, but one transaction, which shows 67 cents going into his account, but his case is not my case, so I will stop bringing that up here.

Already mentioned the stashing and all on the first few sentences.

He also made a connection that a lot of scammers have there inventory private, so you must be a scammer, a common logical fallacy that is completely untrue and frankly doesn't make sense. -segel
    About 99% of scammers' inventories are private. You know why? Back to the fake rep. Someone can come on my profile and say "+rep, sold him a knife through PayPal, easy fast transaction." And as long as my inventory is private nobody (But people who play with me) Can know if I actually have a knife in my inventory. I also don't understand why you keep saying I must be a scammer. This is common logic. I'm surprised you do not know this.

If you look at your screenshot, on Feb 21 you receive a load of trading cards. How do we know that you didn't scam for these? This isn't proof that you didn't scam all it is is proof that you have some decent trades, although on some sides heavily one sided which could indicate a scam (if I loved to jump to conclusions as much as yourself) -segel
    I hope you realize that that person is my great friend in real life...

I suggested you delete your -rep simply because I thought it would be better for you. I'd like to mention I do not get many opportunities in my life, and that one week I was on a huge bad luck streak, getting scammed for a knife, I got very sick, I had 3 tests at school, and a whole lot of personal things happened that I'd rather not mention to the public. About a month before this all happened, a new person to CS unboxed a Factory New AK Cartel StatTrak, and he wanted to trade it to me for an AK Vulcan. I told him that he doesn't know what he's doing, and that his gun is worth like 150$. I went to the dinner table later that evening and told my parents and my brother, and they all called me a damn idiot. Told me to take opportunities. So I took this one, big mistake. I thought you were nice, I thought you were friendly, which you proved for a tiny bit in the chat we had yesterday. Yet you had the plan all along and backstabbed me at the best point. When I least expected it. You took advantage of me. You saw I was being completely stupid, so you took advantage of me. I was trying to be nice in hopes that maybe if you were actually trying to scam me, you'd have second thoughts. It was a desperate attempt, and yet it failed. And I absolutely hate it when people take advantage of me, and I've never EVER wanted to take anybody down more than I want you to be taken down.

Also, to prove he's my friend you can see me giving a whole bunch of stuff to him in the period of time. -Usp dark water, -Chroma case, and the Usp Orion and AWP Redline a while after his birthday.

Yes, I do admit into telling him to delete his -rep, only because I thought he was being nice. Giving me a gift. At least you taught me something. To not trust anybody.

Also, Lava did ask you to explain what happened there. Not my job to ask you, but I guess I can remind you.
  4. rust an peeses

rust an peeses New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75151564
    Officially done with SteamRep, have fun running around with the stolen items segel. Just realized how much I wasted my time on someone like you.

By the way SteamRep, pretty sure he said "Sorry I Scammed a Scammer." Isn't that enough? I literally had to do nothing in this post from the start, but I continued because all you did was ask him what he means by that. You have it on the report. Should I take a picture of that too and post it here, so instead of going 2 pages back you can see it right here?

Sorry SteamRep, but if you're going to be a huge Anti-Scam forum, it would probably be better if instead of just looking right ahead, maybe look left and right. Maybe instead of just looking at the dots, find out how to connect them.
    Because I'm going around and reading a lot of these reports and frankly, it seems like about 30% of them are valid. (The "Need More Info" ones, by the way.)

I understand you guys are a huge forum and loads and loads of people come here everyday, and about 50-100 new reports are made everyday, but if you guys could pick up like a bunch of new mods, maybe an investigation can proceed.

Also, Segel, if you're going to scam someone and run away with it, the least you can do is be polite when you're talking to them. You offended me, drblue (Calling him "squeaker squad") and Lava (Big fat brony behind the computer screen; you can ask drblue and metromac for that one Lava)

So yeah, tl:dr, segel, don't be a d**k, SteamRep needs more mods and more thorough investigation, Have fun with the stolen items segel, Lava already has proof that segel is a scammer mentioned by segel himself.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @rust an peeses

I'm really sorry, but proof of the trade agreement is crucial. If you don't have that, we can't accept your report and I have to archive it.
    This was duly noted, but unfortunately with many people misusing the term "scam" to refer to uneven trades (which SteamRep doesn't mark for), or in this case (presumably) alleged refusal to run a raffle, I cannot treat it as a confession without specific details. As the accused only ambiguously referred to his actions as a "scam", I cannot mark him for it. What was noteworthy is accused's admission to fakerep, but per our investigative policy we do not investigate that, and because of how widespread it is, tags are very seldom issued for +rep comments on profiles or in Steam forums. The most I can do is place a private note on the accused's profile.

When you added me, I explained a little bit about how we prioritize reports, in particular focusing on more dangerous scammers or those on a scamming spree of sorts. Another concern, which is sometimes hard for people to understand, is that a BANNED or CAUTION tag is extremely impactful to someone's trading career, and it's not something we take lightly. We need to have (and retain) definitive evidence to uphold a tag, enough that another admin can independently review the same evidence and arrive at the same conclusion, without a shadow of doubt that any of the evidence could have been misinterpreted, fabricated, or lacking. There is a difference between knowing someone is a scammer, and proving someone is a scammer; believe me when I say I take no pleasure in rejecting reports, but sometimes the evidence is quite simply not sufficient to uphold a tag. The community at large trusts our judgement when we place a mark on someone's profile, and this is why.