1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198165490022 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Yuki.Net, May 19, 2015.

1. Yuki.Net

Yuki.Net New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:98630677
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198165490022

Victim profile: 76561198165490022

What happened? Description:
    on Wednesday May 18, 2015 5 am
    I make deals to http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198165490022
    to purchase Arcarna Lina for Rp 240,000.-with my sepakatan to transfer Rp 100,000.-once the rest I transfer what if seller has sent these items kesaya. Once I transfer to account
    ADMIN EDIT: hidden name and bank account.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    turns out he does not give a me a message of Lina Arcana on the grounds the money transfer is not up to me, I have sent evidence transfer and list of mutations my internet banking account to the seller (photo below) but he still reasoned the money not up, I've contacted the BCA to confirm the subject matter , the information I get from the BCA cash has got to the destination account; then I confirm to the seller turned out to be my id is already on the block, I just realized that it's a case of fraud online. I already Report Violation to the steam fingers crossed that user banned permanent.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2016
  2. jmdjoe

jmdjoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55584809
    Hi,

Thank you for filing this report, the BCA account you mentioned above belonged to me, and is used on our website sea gamer mall (seagm [dot] com), the perpetrator used our bank account details to receive money and then top up his member account on our website, would u please contact me by PM in order to resolve this matter?

We have suspended his user account on our website
  3. cindywijayazhuo

cindywijayazhuo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:125105195
    Dear,

I am mr Djoewono's staff, who contacted you a few weeks earlier after your case happened, we have now provided a warning page on the local DOTA community page, and a local forum called kaskus

On my last email, since I have clarified the situation to you, we kindly asked you to edit your post on steamrep, in order to prevent any other similar case from happening, but since you didn't reply, my boss asked me to post here instead

Links to said community post (Bahasa Indonesia) :
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/D2TCI/discussions/12/521643320355948818/

Kaskus :
    http://www.kaskus.co.id/post/55d711f050741009778b4571/1#post55d711f050741009778b4571
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello,
    1. I tried to google translate the conversation, didn't really work, I get the gist from the original text already it was regarding a bank transfer, but I don't see the agreement for what the payment exactly was for, or it doesn't translate well enough for me to translate.
    2. I miss also steam trade history screenshot showing the trades around the day/time this transaction took place (showing either that some where transacted, or that in fact nothing was traded etc)
    3. I have hidden the text version of bank account and account holder name. For such was requested (not exactly, but we do not delete / remove reports, and this is what we do not allow: personal identifiable information publicly, but we can't monitor everything, and such is handled via post reporting). Also, users cannot edit their posts here, so a request to do so to a reporter doesn't work. They only can leave a new reply with what they want to tell. Relevant: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/can-you-ask-an-admin-to-remove-a-report.115926/ We do NOT delete/completely remove reports.
    4. I have not seen updates by the reporter on this report due the communications portrayed by the above 2 replies to be "representatives" of a trading website/community.
    5. As currently is, the report is not usable. And as more then enough time has passed since replies above for the reporter to respond to, I'll archive the report.
    Now on another note as things where portrayed by the defending site/community I have some remarks:
    You need to make a process that you are certain which steam account made a transaction to your account etc. An example is by providing a code, that must be used with the transaction, and a transaction ID of some sort that must be entered on the site of sorts. Also a time window restriction for this should probably be in place if providing a code that such a transaction must be done within etc. If someone else can transfer money to your bank account "towards" another user, this will only cause money laundering via your account, which may be cause of criminal investigations etc. Certainly with such sizable sums. Its up to such sites/communities to protect themselves from such.

Outside that, I didn't like to see that the victim here was left out in the wind when he DID do the payment, and that basically nothing was done for 'm. Its a responsibility of the site/community/business that things are done honestly, and that checks are done that such problems cannot occur. I'm not saying that reimburse was in order or whatever. But I do think that the reporter above could have filed for a refund via their bank, and that would have costed you the money and the bank then probably has flagged the bank account for having issues and being under closer watch, possible also reported to law enforcement for follow up if such situations persist.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    SilentReaper.