1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198166772735 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Greenflare, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Greenflare

Greenflare New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62562014
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198166772735

Victim profile: 76561198085389757

What happened? Description:
    I was talking to a person who wanted to buy my unusual, the buyer asked if iI had a trusted friend that I could trade the item to so he could verify if it was clean, the buyer added this user to our chat. this users account was set up to resemble another user on my friends list.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 277835 Impersonator invited into the chat by the buyer. View attachment 277836 The Impersonator trys to talk to me, notice that the jeff in the chat(the impersonator) has a period at the end of their name. while the real jeff from my friends list has no period. View attachment 277838 This is what the impersonators profile looks like, Notice that jeff. is in his past names and that he has a custom URL. View attachment 277837 This is a screenshot of the real jeff from my friends list, Notice that he has a different URL than the impersonator as well as a different level​

Attached Files:

• 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      120 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      150.5 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      778.9 KB
      Views:
    • 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      359.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Toughsox

Toughsox Retired Staff Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1842155
    Hello @Greenflare, did you happen to have more of the chats involving this report? If so please add those for us to review please.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Greenflare

Greenflare New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62562014
    @Toughsox Unfortunately this is all I really have in regards to the impersonator as immediately after they joined the chat I realised what was going on and called the out on it, after which they both left the chat/unfriended me.
  4. Toughsox

Toughsox Retired Staff Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1842155
    Hello @Greenflare, unfortunately while your proof was not sufficient enough to be acted upon by itself, the other reports against this user were enough for him to be marked. Thank you for this report all the same.