1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198167526306 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Rusty The Classy Penguin, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Rusty The Classy Penguin

Rusty The Classy Penguin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51102433
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198167526306

Victim profile: 76561198062470594

What happened? Description:
    On February 2nd 2015, the scammer, asekilbum, left a post on my profile page about having some items and wanting to trade with me. He then left a link for me to click on to see his "inventory". However, when I clicked on it nothing happened; what I didn't realize at the time was that this link was actually a way for asekilbum to get my login information for steam. He then traded all of my CS:GO gun skins, several TF2 taunts, hats, gun skins, and all of my steam trading cards. I didn't find out that this had happened until March 1st 2015 when I went to play CS:GO and found to have had none of my gun skins. I know that asekilbum did this because I went to my trade history and he took 108 items! Of course some of these items are very cheap others were not. I stupidly deleted the comment showing asekilbum asking me on my profile because I thought it was just spam after I tried the link at the time. However, I will put the photos of the information I do have. While looking up asekilbum's name on google I found another person who was scammed by him and I found the website asekilbum is apart of.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 223064 (Trade History showing that my account traded with asekilbum, I used the word finder to figure out how many items he took.)

View attachment 223065
    (asekilbum's page)
    View attachment 223069 (Scammer's other target)
    View attachment 223070 (The website the scammer is apart of. I found his name and put the photo over it. The website's link is http://masters.firewall-gateway.com/)​

Attached Files:

2. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Have you scanned your computer and cleaned it of any malware that the link may have installed? Also, did you contact Steam support about the theft? If you had email verification of trades turned on, they might help.
  3. Rusty The Classy Penguin

Steam:
    I have changed my password, I am running a virus check right now, and I will submit a steam support about the theft once the website begins to work again (They are performing maintenance).
  4. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    If your whole computer was compromised, I would also suggest going into Steam Guard settings and deauthorizing all other computers and devices from your account in case the theft used malware that stole a copy of the Steam Guard file as well.
  5. Rusty The Classy Penguin

Steam:
    Will do so, thank you for the suggestions!