1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198168376592 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Silyus, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Silyus

Silyus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4823504
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198168376592

Victim profile: 76561197969912736

What happened? Description:
    I'm a long date trader, currently active in the steam games and dota2 items community.
    Yesterday this guy added me and copycat my username and avatar.
    He didn't respond to my messages, so i unfriended, reported and blocked him.

Chances are that it's a smurf acocunt just made on purpose with the intent of use my reputation in order to take advantage of other traders.

I attached a screenshot, however if you are quick enough you should be able to see that on his profile right now​

Provide Evidence:
    The screenshot of his profile, where you can see both his username and his avatar​

Attached Files:

2. Silyus

Silyus New User

Steam:
    And...we got the first victim.
    This morning i found these "nice" messages in some pictures that i uploaded on steam:

It's highly possible that he promised to that guy an arcana using my nick.
    I'm trying to contact that victim in order to clear the things up and i'm filing a full report to Valve, but i kindly require fast action on your side too.
    He's damaging the whole community scamming people and ruining my reputation.

Attached Files:

3. Silyus

Silyus New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

4. Silyus

Silyus New User

Steam:
    In order to minimize the damage, i'm planning to change at least my avatar in the near future.
    I'm posting here a screen of my current profile for future reference.

Attached Files:

5. Silyus

Silyus New User

Steam:
  6. Silyus

Silyus New User

Steam:
    In response to my change of avatar, the reported person has changed his avatar/name (probably back to his original state) as well as his custom url.
    It's not a problem for me since i linked everywhere his steamid64 url and not his custom url, so all my warnings (in my profile frontpage, in many forums, etc..) are still valid.
    If you search his reputation on steamrep you can still see his (mine) old avatar, which is probably already cached.

In the attached screenshot you can see how his profile looks like now.
    As you can see his displayed name is Marc josef M Ocampo, which is exactly how his old custom url was: marcjosefocampo

Attached Files:

7. Chride2k8

Chride2k8 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3551729
    Thank you for the report.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  8. Silyus

Silyus New User

Steam:
    The friend list of the scammer is filled with "Silyus" users, two of them have my old avatar, one my new one avatar.
    It's clear that he is ready for the next chunk of scams.
    For future reference this is my current profile:
    current_profile.png

If you see the scammer friendlist right now, you can see a bunch of users who have my nick, my old avatar, or both:
    newev_1.png newev_2.png newev_3.png

Even the user with my avatar but with a different name have my nick in one of his previous nicks:
    evd_4.png

Actually, there is more.
    Making a quick research around you can see other users who have/had the same nick and avatar that i had:
    Despite none of them are present in the scammer friendlist, those two users:
    are presents in 3 of 4 of those impersonators (the second one even had my nickname at a certain point).
    Of course those users are present in the scammer friendlist.

My opinion is that the scammer use many smurf accounts to perform his scams, and all the named accounts are involved
  9. Silyus

Silyus New User

Steam:
  10. Silyus

Silyus New User

Steam: