1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198168639229 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Lord Bobanook, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Lord Bobanook

Lord Bobanook New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38185831
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198168639229

Victim profile: 76561198079505570

What happened? Description:
    A long drawn out Paypal transaction trade ended up with the middleman getting away with the items and the victim left without an unusual. The entire transaction was recorded up to the point where they bailed on us. The items included a Strange Festive Rocket Launcher with multiple strange parts along with a Blizzardy Storm Stainless Pot for a total of one-hundred-fifteen (115) USD. They promised forty-five (45) USD for the Unusual Stainless Pot and claimed that the transaction went through and that there were "problems with paypal." They constantly demanded that both items would be transfered at the same time. After the transaction was "complete" and the victim was not given his money the scammers tried to remove any trace of them existing. The team consisted of the "Paypal trader" the "middleman" and the "SteamRep moderator." The victim asked for the item back for the time being so "paypal problems" could be solved. The item was never returned and the skype call was ended, along with all 3 users changing their names and blocking the victim. More evidence will be provided as soon as possible.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• info.txt
      File size:
      133 bytes
      Views:
  2. Lord Bobanook

Lord Bobanook New User

Steam:
    More formal evidence will be supplied as soon as Nato can get trade records and the initial conversation. I apologize, this report had to be filed very fast.
  3. shogun_marcus

shogun_marcus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:104186750
    What evidence is this?? I removed my messages because I had curse words on there. My mom wouldnt like it if she saw. Second you gave soul the pan for a crate.. Scams, If I beleive correct. Are when you get nothing in return for the item. You got a crate am I right? And it's your fault for not setting up your paypal to receive money. Or else you would have received your paypal money. But you aren't capable of receiveing.
  4. shogun_marcus

shogun_marcus New User

Steam:
    And plus, I received the item knowing that I would give him the items.

But now I can't because the item is gone. Because I gave it back to soul theive thinking it would go back to the owner
  5. Lord Bobanook

Lord Bobanook New User

Steam:
    I have recorded evidence of you simply hanging up the call as you say how you are going to return the item. Why was the item not returned after the transactions failed? Why did you insist on both items being added to the trade at the same time? The agreement was $45 dollars in paypal and you did not put up your end of the deal.

And I'll make sure to get you all kinds of trade history from Nato ASAP. I also have recorded footage of absolutely everything. Your two friends (one who posed as a fake middleman and the other who posed as a fake steamrep admin) are also recorded and I have their information. There is no way to deny what has been done here.
  6. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66107280
    I was acting as a trade "hopeful to be moderator" (Applied but still pending) in this call. I listened closely to the conversation. This was in fact a scam. The moment I figured out this was a scam I notified Nato as soon as he could respond. I believe since I was being the responsible person in this call, I will tell you all of Shogun-Marcus's alts (sending Proof below) I first traced the item to CottonSwabs (http://steamcommunity.com/id/reesespeanutbuttercupInventory) Id(76561198182534589). (Also sending proof) and Mildly Menacing Ham-Shank (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198211754632/) Id(76561198211754632). Again I am sending proof of this. I did not tell anyone I was actually a mod yet but referred to myself as a moderator in process. Thanks.( Again never specifically said I was a moderator)
  7. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    Shogun_Marcus also states that the item was given back to Darkness Follows (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198135818532/) Id(76561198135818532). This is untrue. The item went to Cotton swabs(Info in my other posting) AKA one of his alts and then disappeared. (Assuming he sold it because of his "new" items in his backpack -exactly 2 buds and one key-) Never at any time did the unusual go back to Darkness Follows once he figured out Shogun_Marcus was a scammer.
  8. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    Proof of his alts....

Attached Files:

9. shogun_marcus

shogun_marcus New User

Steam:
    Ghetto ROBIN was most defiantly in on whatever was happening. NATO is no able to receive money through paypal, Because his paypal isnt finished. Otherwise the transaction will be complete. Ghetto ROBIN was impersonating someone that cold be trusted. As you can see, He and the fake middleman have also deleted the messages. I had a reason for mine but i'm not sure about their's. Cotton swab is not my alt. He is my friend. And he has nothing to do with this so we can leave him out. You are most defiantly angry because you got told off by him, and that isn't a valid reason to bring someone into something they aren't apart of. So, If NATO can please make his Paypal accessible. I will give him the 45 that he deserves. The reason the call was ended was because my parents walked in. And as for ham-shank being my alt? He isnt my alt. He is someone I met a bit ago and he jumped in a skype call with me, Cotton swab, And ghetto ROBIN.
  10. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    This is also untrue because right after the trade ended you call me and told me it was a scam. (Forbiden Soul -http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198135818532/- is an eye witness) the call you specifically said 45 dollars so do not try to be tricky. I removed my messages because I was embarrassed that I did not foresee a scam coming from the likes of you (an already banned steam rep member) The middle man realized you were a scammer around the time that I did and we took action immediately. (The same night of the scam as soon as NATO could) I helped him out by fishing out Shogun's alts. Shogun_Marcus also needs to realize that Nato and any steam rep admin can trace the scammed item and realize it went to Cotton Swab and Ham-shank's accounts therefor an alternate account. (waiting for NATO to get more proof) Yes I am your friend Shogun_Marcus, but when it comes to the law I must do my sworn duty. I am sorry but scamming is highly unethical and totally against the rules.
  11. shogun_marcus

shogun_marcus New User

Steam:
    First off, The item was only only in cotton-swabs possession, I have no idea who ham shank is. Second, Could I get evidence that I said that? Other that a bias opinion from a friend. I have screen shots of you saying that you wanted to sell the unusual around the time that the transaction was made, I also have screenshots of Soul Thieve asking who to give the unusual to (You or me). It's best you just tell the truth.
  12. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    You are talking about two different unusual's my friend. I wanted to buy an Unusual Doctors Sack Dead Presidents from you.
  13. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
  14. shogun_marcus

shogun_marcus New User

Steam:
    At 9:15? Right when this Supposed "Scam" occured?
  15. shogun_marcus

shogun_marcus New User

Steam:
    Sounding a bit fishy there Mr.
  16. Ghetto ROBIN

Ghetto ROBIN New User

Steam:
    Shogun_Marcus. Do not try to blame me or darkness follows for your mistakes. you brought this upon yourself. If i was the scammer I would not have helped Nato and i would have the scammed item. Therefor you are outnumbered and your logic is invalid. The Steam Rep community will most likely ban you and your alts keeping the Steam Community clean and scammers free.
  17. shogun_marcus

shogun_marcus New User

Steam:
    Whatever you say! :D
  18. Twofish

Twofish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52697708
    Due I feel for you ghetto robin has done all sorts of shady things including posing as a moderator to get me to go first on a trade, which then he took my item. I believe you and shotgun_marcus is probably a friend/brother/friend who is like a brother, to ghetto robin since he can come up with straight excuses for his alt accounts and scammer friends.