1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198168711326 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by zelias, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zelias

zelias New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43671958
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198168711326

Victim profile: 76561198027595311

What happened? Description:
    long story, a guy called David bowie (banned from here it seems) added me (zelias), said that he wanted my unusuals and he asked if I could trade my 2 unusuals to 1 my trusted friend because he wanted to see if they were bugged or not (frostmaster, they guy who got scammed), I accepted because I stopped trading something around 2 years ago so it could've been possible, I gave the unusuals to my friend.
    the hard part starts now, this david bowie had 1 friend who changed his name and profile picture to imitate us, first he became frostmaster and tried to scam my keys trading me because david bowie asked me to give the keys to my friend, and after I saw that he wasn't the real one (I usually write stuff like "friend", "traded" or something so I don't forget who is who) I denied the trade request and reported them to steam
    the bad thing is that my friend fell in this trick because the guy used my name and my avatar and asked him to give my unusuals to him, he accepted and I lost 100$ worth in unusuals

I know I ain't going to get my stuff back (even thought I do really hope so) but at least​

Provide Evidence:
    the email is from my friend
    this is the chat log from me and one of the 2 scammers (also screenshotted but you can't read the last 2 messages if I'm not wrong)
    Never tell your password to anyone.
    12.29 - David Bowie: =.=
    12.29 - zelias: and I told my friend to NOT give you anything
    12.29 - David Bowie: he doesnt have the hats
    12.29 - zelias: he does
    12.29 - David Bowie: yes I know
    12.29 - zelias: check
    12.30 - David Bowie: how many keys again?
    12.30 - David Bowie: mate?
    12.30 - David Bowie: for both
    12.30 - zelias: 15 billycock and 35 the other one
    12.31 - David Bowie: oh okay
    12.31 - David Bowie: so 50 for both?
    12.31 - David Bowie: right?
    12.31 - zelias: yup
    12.32 - David Bowie: can i have favor?
    12.32 - zelias: like?
    12.32 - zelias: I ain't going to give you my hats before I get my keys I warn you
    12.33 - David Bowie: can you let him hold your keys?
    12.30 - zelias: why? no
    12.33 - David Bowie: please?
    12.33 - David Bowie: nah
    12.33 - David Bowie: so I can trust you both =.=
    12.31 - zelias: I just gave him 100$ worth in unusual to him
    12.31 - zelias: for a crate
    12.31 - zelias: look mate
    12.33 - David Bowie: yes i just want to make sure
    12.34 - David Bowie: =.=
    12.31 - zelias: I know things like this
    12.34 - David Bowie: sorry
    12.34 - David Bowie: cause I got scammed 300 keys because of buying bugged items
    12.31 - zelias: well you don't have to buy my keys mate
    12.34 - David Bowie: i just want to make sure
    12.34 - David Bowie: please
    12.32 - zelias: why should this involve keys?
    12.34 - David Bowie: so I can trust you both
    12.34 - David Bowie: please
    12.35 - David Bowie: i told your friend already
    12.35 - David Bowie: please
    12.35 - David Bowie: so i can trust you both
    12.33 - zelias: uhm
    12.33 - zelias: nah
    12.33 - zelias: saw that
    12.33 - zelias: have a nice report mate

I screenshotted the other account profile, if I need to put more things I'll put them​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @zelias

Please complete the following steps, exactly as written, in order:

1. Go to your trade history from in your web browser. https://steamcommunity.com/my/inventoryhistory
    2. Scroll down to the trade in question. It may be on a different page, but that's fine; just open the page which has this particular trade.
    3. Hover your mouse over the name of the person who received your item(s).
    4. With your mouse still over the name from step 3, take a full, uncropped screenshot, and save it to your desktop without making any edits.
    5. Right-click the name of the person who received your item(s) from the trade history page, and select Copy Link Address (Chrome), Copy Link Location (Firefox), or Copy shortcut (Internet Explorer).
    6. Go to SteamRep.com and paste that link into the Search field. If a warning opens up (which may or may not happen), click "I understand".
    7. Copy and Paste the full text from the box below the profile picture that comes up into your next reply. You can click the "Copy Info" button on the SteamRep profile page from step 6.
    8. Upload your screenshot from step 4 as an attachment.
    9. Post your reply, including both step 7 and 8.
    Do NOT paste links that look like this: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mattie because those links can change, and they are not easily searchable.

Do NOT look up the accused's profile from the admin/middleman lists, or from any other website. We need you to provide the link exactly as it comes up following the instructions above.
    Do include the full SteamRep block derived from the Steam community URL.
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    This thread has been archived since the requested information was not provided. If you obtain the requested information, please create a new report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.