1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198176545669 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by advicebanana, Mar 9, 2015.

1. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198176545669

Victim profile: 76561197983311223

What happened? Description:
    Zoldyck added me and said he'd buy items for cash, but only with "a legit middleman admin".
    He agreed to my price of 100€ for my knife + 2x40€ for two Asiimovs and then went and added the middleman, or so he said.
    Zoldyck already has a scammer tag, so I wanted to find out if it maybe is a yet untagged account.
    It was someone using ☆Penguin The Fluffy's name and copying his profile in its entirety.
    I have encountered this impersonator just yesterday, which is why I believe both scammers left the group chat immediately after the fake Penguin joined. He might have remembered me.

Since both these scammers did make it a habit of not wanting to add me originally, there might be a high concentration of scammers on the fake Penguin's friends list.

No items or money were exchanged.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots of chat and both scammer's profiles, Zoldyck's friends list with the fake Penguin the Fluffy on it.​

Attached Files:

2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @advicebanana, this report has provided the expected evidence. It will be prioritized for later review. It may result in possible bans against the accused.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Anonatron

Anonatron New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:81200141
    Exact same pair of guys attempted to scam me aswell, failed.
  4. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    Then please submit your own thread.
  5. Anonatron

Anonatron New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:81200141
    Can't really be bothered wasting my time on ✿✿✿✿✿✿s who'd get trade banned and just create the exact same account. The value of items that specific impersonator has managed to scam is disgusting.