1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198177191699 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Womp (Trade with me!), Jun 2, 2015.

1. Womp (Trade with me!)

Womp (Trade with me!) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49502757
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198177191699

Victim profile: 76561198059271242

What happened? Description:
    I was on a trusted CS:GO trading website known as CSGO Lounge. I was looking for someone who was willing to trade for my AK-47 Jaguar (Field-Tested) worth roughly $17. I came across this user who was willing to trade with me for what appeared to be a factory new M4A1-S Atomic Alloy, worth about the same as my skin. On the website and in the actual trade, when I put my mouse over his skin, it said factory new. So we both clicked ready to trade and made the trade. I was so excited to get this skin, but when I went into my inventory, I was greatly disappointed and confused. When I hovered over the skin, it said that it was field-tested (worth $2), and not in fact factory new. I tried to contact the user but his profile was private and I couldn't message him. I then reported a violation but nothing has happened since.

P.S. I think that he is pretending to be an admin or something on your website because when I went on here I saw the name of the person I traded with. The user on this website and the user I traded with had the exact same name (Mattie!) and profile picture. I realized that the user on this website isnt the one I traded with because I watched the tutorial about how to fill out this scam report and the person in the video mentioned mattie!, went to his steam profile, and I saw that it was different from the one I traded with. So not only did he scam me, but he's stealing the identity of one of your users who I think is an admin of another high level position.

This user straight up scammed me and I hope I have given the necessary information to prove it. I am aware that you guys are unable to get my skin back directly, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could do your best to help me get it back. Overall, I hope you are able to use this information to catch this user and help improve the steam community. Feel free to ask me any questions or anything, I just really want to see action being taken. Thank you for the help.​

Provide Evidence:
    I took all of these screenshots on steam and CSGO Lounge. They prove that I was looking for a skin of equal value, an unfair trade was made, I am unable to contact the user, and that I was in fact scammed. Sorry for the one photo that I had to take a picture off rather than screenshot, I couldn't figure out how to click on the windows snipping tool and keep that window open because my mouse had to be hovering over it. I really hope this helps! View attachment 267781 View attachment 267782 View attachment 267783 View attachment 267784 View attachment 267785

Attached Files:

• 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      78.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      160.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      7.7 KB
      Views:
    • 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      81.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Womp (Trade with me!)

Steam:
    5.PNG
    I did some research and found the profile of the user that scammed me. As you can see by his reputation and his trade offer above (notice another factory new Atomic Alloy), he is continuing to rip people off. Unfortunately, when I traded with him, his reputation was 0, not -9. If I saw that ahead of time I wouldn't have traded with him.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Mattie is the founder of SR. Best of luck with your report.
  4. Evil Soup

Evil Soup New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62280820
    It´s not the real Mattie, lol
  5. Womp (Trade with me!)

Steam:
    Like I said in my report, it's obviously not the real Mattie
  6. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    While there are many people who fall for impersonators and then report the person being impersonated, this report is against the impersonator.
  7. Womp (Trade with me!)

Steam:
    The reason why i reported him isn't because he's impersonating someone, it's because he scammed me. I didn't even know that he was impersonating someone until I made this post!
  8. Chride2k8

Chride2k8 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3551729
    Thank you for the report. Please keep in mind that you should always take non-cropped screenshots in the future. I did also some digging and based on what I have found I'll mark this report as ready for review.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. Womp (Trade with me!)

Steam:
    Thank you so much! Sorry about the cropped pics, this was my first report so I was unaware of that. Also do you know how I can contact valve so I can get my skin back? I completed multiple reports but they never responded.
  10. Womp (Trade with me!)

Steam:
    It's been over a month now and nothing has happened!!! Can someone please help me!!! It has been saying evidence provided for over a month now and I just want this to be fixed!!!