1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198192740165 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by sea lions are cool, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sea lions are cool

sea lions are cool New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:118032047
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198192740165

Victim profile: 76561198196329823

What happened? Description:
    This guy was trying to work out a deal with a hellfire cotton head. Priced at 300 keys at the time but was based off a sale that was a bit low. He said he had a c/o of a c. hearts KE which was significantly more. and a aussie medigun. As shown in the chats below. It was proven wrong that the guy offered him a c hearts KE. Pok(KE owner) at first said yes and no. I later figured out that he asked delphox what he could get with this ke from his items. Delphox said the cotton, Pok said no thanks and they moved on. Delphox listed that as a current offer(or c/o for short) as shown in the chat.​

Provide Evidence:
    These are screenshots of what happened. I almost got screwed over from this user for about 320 keys in items loss. Thank you SR staff in advance.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @sea lions are cool Did a trade take place? Are you making a report because someone backed out of a trade offer? I don't see a scam here so far - if this is the case users are allowed to change their mind, last time I looked Valve gives users multiple chances to confirm or not.
  3. sea lions are cool

sea lions are cool New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:118032047
    No you see here he faked a trade offer to convince me to buy his item for more than it was worth. He claimed he had a current offer of a Circling Hearts Killers Exclusive. The current offer was false and he was aware of this but listed it as a current offer despite this.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Ok SR doesn't get involved with pricing/value disputes - at the most it would be seen as a sharking attempt but doesn't show a clear cut scam attempt.
    If you don't wish to deal with this user then don't - nobody forced you to bargain which is what trading is - a bargaining and haggling system.
    Marking invalid due to the above and that there isn't enough evidence to suggest a scam was attempted or happened.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.