1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198194021410 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by a communist, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:70805473
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198194021410

Victim profile: 76561198101876675

What happened? Description:
    User offered to buy my Karambit Night MW for 300 paypal, being my first time trading I missed a few small red flags and lost the knife, this happened a while ago, and he's sold the knife long since then. I felt like bringing light to the situation now though. Sorry for the dual monitor evidence, I am not quite sure how to fix that.​

Provide Evidence:
    The files below are evidence

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members).**

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2017
  2. At Least I Can Bhop

At Least I Can Bhop Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:116877841
    Oh my god. Another inexperienced trader scammed by an impersonator. The guy you traded to was not me, even look at the screenshots you can see that his name is "Get Pekt Storage" when on my profile I literally CLEARLY STATE I have no alts. Look mate I'm sorry for your loss of your knife I can understand how you are feeling right now but you just got tricked mate, unfortunate, but it happens.
  3. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @a communist , in order to proceed with your report please add a:
    -ScreenShot of your paypal history- showing all the activity(go back 1 month, from the date of the scam)-in full screen, displaying the url bar and without cropping anything;
    -ScreenShot of your Agreement- in full , taken from inside your Steam Client, without cropping anything;
    -Screenshot of your inventory history:

1º-Open the Steam by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    2º-On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    3º-On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    4º-Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

Making the screenshot:
    -In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    -On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    -Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    -Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    -Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    -Come back here and make a reply.
    -Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.
    Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    -Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    -MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    -MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    -MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    -MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    -MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    -You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    Example: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png

Also to verify that the accused is indeed the one presented and not an impersonator please complete the following steps, exactly as written, in order:

1. Go to your trade history from in your web browser. https://steamcommunity.com/my/inventoryhistory
    2. Scroll down to the trade in question. It may be on a different page, but that's fine; just open the page which has this particular trade.
    3. Hover your mouse over the name of the person who received your item(s).
    4. With your mouse still over the name from step 3, take a full, uncropped screenshot, and save it to your desktop without making any edits.
    5. Right-click the name of the person who received your item(s) from the trade history page, and select Copy Link Address (Chrome), Copy Link Location (Firefox), or Copy shortcut (Internet Explorer).
    6. Go to SteamRep.com and paste that link into the Search field. If a warning opens up (which may or may not happen), click "I understand".
    7. Copy and Paste the full text from the box below the profile picture that comes up into your next reply. You can click the "Copy Info" button on the SteamRep profile page from step 6.
    8. Upload your screenshot from step 4 as an attachment.
    9. Post your reply, including both step 7 and 8.
    Do NOT paste links that look like this: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mattie because those links can change, and they are not easily searchable.

Do NOT look up the accused's profile from the admin/middleman lists, or from any other website. We need you to provide the link exactly as it comes up following the instructions above.
    Do include the full SteamRep block derived from the Steam community URL.
  4. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
    You told me he was your alt, and I even sent a message asking if it was you which you replied yes to in our chat. Not to mention after the scam the knife was in your inventory, don't pretend it didn't happen.
  5. At Least I Can Bhop

At Least I Can Bhop Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:116877841
    WHERES THE PROOF? I have never scammed anyone. Maybe you should check peoples steam ID 64 and not think someone is an alt just because they say they are.
  6. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
    Not sure if you heard me but you legit were talking to me on that account and you told me that was your alt, and when I got onto it and sent a message asking if it was you, you replied with YOUR account saying it was correct and that I shouldn't talk on there anymore because it takes you time.
  7. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Please provide the evidence needed. If you don't have the chat provide the rest.
  8. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
    This isn't even to mention you blocked me afterwards, which you wouldn't have done if you didn't scam me. You know what you did, and the fact you won't even come clean multiple months later just furthers my disappointment in humanity. Maybe you don't want your "perfect" steam rep ruined so you can't scam more people.
  9. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
  10. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
  11. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
    gyazo is kinda blurry so here's the picture file

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2017
  12. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
  13. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
  14. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
    this shows I traded the knife, and if you look under the above profiles previous names, one was Get Pekt Storage, which is who I traded my knife to.

Attached Files:

15. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
  16. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
    I believe I've provided more than enough evidence to prove this person has scammed me. If there's anything else you need just tell me and I can prove it.
  17. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    @a communist, the inventory history needs to have the url, just do this before taking the screenshot:
    1º-Open the Steam by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    3º-On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".

-I still need a screenshot of paypal history.
    - I still need you to:
    1. Go to your trade history from in your web browser. https://steamcommunity.com/my/inventoryhistory
    2. Scroll down to the trade in question. It may be on a different page, but that's fine; just open the page which has this particular trade.
    3. Hover your mouse over the name of the person who received your item(s).
    4. With your mouse still over the name from step 3, take a full, uncropped screenshot, and save it to your desktop without making any edits.
    5. Right-click the name of the person who received your item(s) from the trade history page, and select Copy Link Address (Chrome), Copy Link Location (Firefox), or Copy shortcut (Internet Explorer).
    6. Go to SteamRep.com and paste that link into the Search field. If a warning opens up (which may or may not happen), click "I understand".
    7. Copy and Paste the full text from the box below the profile picture that comes up into your next reply. You can click the "Copy Info" button on the SteamRep profile page from step 6.
    8. Upload your screenshot from step 4 as an attachment.
    9. Post your reply, including both step 7 and 8.
    Do NOT paste links that look like this: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mattie because those links can change, and they are not easily searchable.

Do NOT look up the accused's profile from the admin/middleman lists, or from any other website. We need you to provide the link exactly as it comes up following the instructions above.
    Do include the full SteamRep block derived from the Steam community URL.

Make sure you Upload all to SR, just hit the "Upload a File" button.
  18. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

19. a communist

a communist New User

Steam:
    After that is all that's left the paypal history?
  20. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    The inventory history needs to have the url, just do this before taking the screenshot:
    And Paypal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.