1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198195507346 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by My-chan, Feb 2, 2016.

1. My-chan

My-chan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:101104695
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198195507346

Victim profile: 76561198162475118

What happened? Description:
    He approached me and friend request me after i posted in a price checking thread [Steam CSGO forums] a screenshot of my friend's Doppler bayonet asking for a price-check.
    He alleged he was a price checker moderator [also self claimed on his steam profile] and he was willing to give me a price check. Funny thing was he never even gave me an actual price check but instead asked if i was interested to trade. When i replied in the affirmative he asked which was my ideal skin and my reply was the Medusa.
    After some back and forth negotiation we agreed on my Knife [Statrak BS bayonet Case Hardened with a fair amount of blue on it], AK Point Disarray, Water elemental and 30 keys for his FT Medusa.
    Everything seem okay and he even seemed nice and asked about my friend's inventory who room's with me and said if they were interest to trade their doppler knife and a few more skins for a TT Karambit FN and i said my friend had to get the okay from his parents since he was underage.
    I got suspicious when i said i wanted to do my trade first and he was adamant about waiting to trade together with my friend all in one transaction. This raised a few flags so this is from where i started to screenshot everything for further evidence if he did turn out to be a scammer to summit to both Steam and Steamrep.
    After i said i won't wait then he bought up about mobile authentication and i replied i have it so everything should be fine. He said he wanted to test it in which i asked why? So i proposed that i can send him a 3 cent wallpaper or card to show that i can trade instantly. He then said he wanted to "check" whether or not my items were glitched or buggy to which i said it's not possible and even told him he was starting to sound like a scammer.
    He then came up with an excuse about oh since it's my first time trading with an OPSkin dealer/trader this is how the process goes in which he expected me to go first lol as if i am that stupid.
    I want him reported and a trade ban on his account so scums like this don't victimized any more innocent naive people. He even when after my friend who i said is a 12 year old since i'm boarding with his family. He is the lowest of scammers going after girls and kids thinking we are easy prey.
    TL:DR
    He tried to use the excuse of "testing" to see if i could trade instantly and when countered by me offering to send a 3 cent card as proof he pulled out the stupid i want to check if your items are glitched or buggy so what's so wrong if you send it to your friend. When i said fine i'll send it to my alt and forward him the screenshots like he did me he said how was he to make sure it was received to which i told him to unprivate his inventory then.After that he called off the deal saying i'm too paranoid about scammers lol.

All screenshots possible are included in this report i'm sorry but i can't seem to get to the history of the conversation from the very start since i only started to SS when i got suspicious. Feel free to contact me for more details and if i can help in anyway to ban scumbags like this scammer i be too happy to help.
    P.S i kept him on my friends list in case there was a way to recover the whole conversation. If anyone knows please let me know if its possible or not so i can delete and block him asap please.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. TheChanChanMan

TheChanChanMan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:75240699
    I am currently in chat with him and he is doing the same thing
  3. My-chan

My-chan New User

Steam:
    Seems like he caught on to my report here as he has unfriended me and blocked me so i guess there's no chance of recovering the first part of our conversation.
  4. -hg- Kamun

-hg- Kamun New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:13351246
  5. My-chan

My-chan New User

Steam:
    Yeh I know i read your report and I do hope the admins here do go thru our reports asap as it seems as this guys is still actively scamming and very blatant about it. Just another person went crying about him in the forum in Steam but he didn't have screenshot proof till it was too late and only has the pics of him sending the stuff and since the guy blocked him the chat history has disappeared so he can't even lodged a report here it seems as I have seen people been denied as "Not enough evidence" without chat/agreement proof :(
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Moving report to review- You guys have to remember we have thousands of reports to go thru, they take time. What would certainly help all of these reports is if you pushed the user on and let him impersonate your "friend".... right now evidence is only showing him in the act of this however we would certainly like to find the other user working with him. The review process takes time also, be patient. Thanks!
  7. My-chan

My-chan New User

Steam:
    Sure of course i understand you guys have heaps of backlog and just saying we as a community do appreciate what you volunteers are doing for us. Also he was blocked by my friends whom he saw from my friend list who had nice inventories so if i had known you guys wanted us to bait and find his partner [although i think it might just be him on a alt since he said to use a trusted friend to trade to - so i think he'll impersonate the friend] so it's all too late.
    And saddest is the real victims who really were scammed [items taken unlike us who managed to dodged the bullet] they were so taken with his charisma [he a smooth talker trust me] and he also voice calls so part of convo even with me was voiced so that would've given more ammo for us, they didn't even suspect him to take screenshots or record any proofs until its too late and he blocks them then the whole chat history disappears :(
  8. My-chan

My-chan New User

Steam:
  9. Pr33Zy #RIPCSGOSKIN

Pr33Zy #RIPCSGOSKIN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:122450756
    Damn guys u are so lucky . i actually got scammed by him . rip my master piece
  10. QuickSnaps

QuickSnaps New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90355316
    he scammed an awp redline out of me. He wanted them in "good faith" that I would be sending him the paypal payment... Makes you wonder how people who scam people THIS often aren't banned off of steam.
  11. My-chan

My-chan New User

Steam:
    Are you new to steam? Why didn't you check his steam profile id here to check before doing the trade?
    Once the details are ironed out in chat i always check their profiles here and if there's any reports even unconfirmed i don't go through with it unless it's in the trade window as they can't scam with that.
    Although that is not foolproof as many scammers just make new steam accounts but yeh never do any trades outside of the trade window and if you want cash for your item use opskins.