1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198197945986 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by I'm Bad 2, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm Bad 2

I'm Bad 2 Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:69612617
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198197945986

Victim profile: 76561198099490962

What happened? Description:
    I first found "Daniel" from an ad on CSGO Lounge, he was selling keys for $2 each. So, I checked out his profile and found that he was high level, [apparently] had bought and sold knives to others (all the info, besides the amount, was blacked out. So that was literally useless and easily fake-able.) However, I saw he had 10 pages of +rep comments, and many of them were high level users (20+) so I clicked on many of them and saw that they were all genuine people with 500-1000+ hours of game time and such. So, I saw this guy as being legit.

I posted a comment on his page, which he replied on my page (both pictures of such in the uploaded evidence.) So, I sent him a friend request and later on we started sending messages. At this point I realized his inventory was set to private, but I assumed that was only because he got a lot of messages asking to buy his knives and such, which is why he made it hidden.

Any way, just read the messages, and check out the screen shot I have of the PayPal transaction. You'll find that he tried to get me to pay him more money 3 or 4 times, which was way too many and should've been a red flag to me. I'm just glad I didn't give in and send him $100 for keys he never sent me.

Sadly, Steam doesn't record chats, however my phone still had the history in it. So that's the best I can give you.​

Provide Evidence:
    The uploads are my phone screenshots, the link below is an album that shows my trade history up to before me and Daniel started chatting.

http://imgur.com/a/nW2kw

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @I'm Bad 2 I don't see a paypal transaction... in fact I don't see much of any transaction between you or this person.
  3. I'm Bad 2

Steam:
    Did you not see the imgur album? It clearly shows that I sent 25$ to the email he told me to.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Which image is that
  5. I'm Bad 2

Steam:
    Should be the last one if you click the link provided, I'll paste it again just in case: http://imgur.com/a/nW2kw
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Which image of the ones you uploaded is it?
  7. I'm Bad 2

Steam:
    The last one!! If you scroll all the way down here: http://imgur.com/a/nW2kw, you'll see it. I can only upload 15 pictures at most using THIS website, so I had to upload the rest to an imgur album.
  8. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    You could just upload the rest of the images in a reply. That'll save everyone a bunch of headache.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    We don't accept evidence posted on 3rd party hosting sites - so I'm not visiting that link - I'm only looking at what you upload - so if you wish to show me more upload it on the next reply. You can upload 15 images PER reply.
  10. I'm Bad 2

Steam:
    I did not know this, thanks for letting me know.

Attached Files:

11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks for report - moving to review - keep that in mind next time about image hosting for evidence.
  12. I'm Bad 2

Steam:
    When is this going to be either confirmed or denied?
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Some reports don't even reach this point - just the nature of how many we have to go thru.
    The objective was meet anyway when you made the report.
    As for finishing it I did that but please avoid bumping in the future.
    You can also report user to Valve
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.