1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198204126240 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Futanari Sylveon, May 25, 2016.

1. Futanari Sylveon

Futanari Sylveon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28283006
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198204126240

Victim profile: 76561198016831741

What happened? Description:
    The scammer in question purchased one of my unusuals - an Orbiting Fire El Jefe - from me a week or so ago after I put it up on TF2OP to sell for PayPal cash. He seemed reputable enough, and he had no prior incident reports on Steam Rep or any other site. We've been organizing to trade my Nuts and Bolts Stout Shako, my Aces High VR Headset, my Smoking Crone's Dome and my Strange Field-Tested Sand Cannon for approximately $200 US over PayPal. We go to do the trade today, and he gives me a key and tells me to do a trade offer, just like last time. I wait for him to give me the PayPal cash, and he takes the items, I get a key, and he tells me that this isn't what he asked for, and said he'd do the trade back, and vanishes, making his profile absolutely private and blocks me in the process.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first image is of the recent conversation (we agreed several times beforehand).
    The second image is the broken agreement and their subsequent vanishment.
    The third image is of the items lost and the offer itself, as well as time completed.
    The fourth image is my PayPal, with the last payment from the scammer themselves for the El Jefe I sold them weeks prior.​

Attached Files:

2. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Hello @Futanari Sylveon
    Do you happen to have a screenshot of the trade agreement in steam chat?
    Please include an image of your Paypal "All Activity" with a minimum time period of 1 month during the incident, and ensure the full browser is in the picture.
    Also, would you kindly re-upload your trade offer history following the suggestions below? (One showing you did not receive any item from the accused and another one showing you accepting the trade like the one you uploaded but with the full steam client this time.)

Please refrain from cropping and/or editing the evidence if possible.
    You may block out your personal information like steam username and email. (Optional)
    Evidence is valid and accepted when it:
    - Display steam related evidence using steam client browser. (Required)
    - Excludes the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right. (Optional)
    - Shows the Steam URL in the top left. (Required)
    - Shows the FULL Steam client browser. (Required)
    - Shows FULL chat window if providing chat records. (Required)
    - Shows the full browser if providing Paypal/Cash Transaction related evidence. (Required)
  3. Futanari Sylveon

Steam:
    The first image is our agreement, and I can get another image as to our agreement.
    Please find attached the summary of my paypal and my offer history.

Attached Files:

4. Futanari Sylveon

Steam:
    Also, more proof of him blocking me and our agreement.

Attached Files:

5. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    Are you able to backtrack a little more on the chat? As we need to see the stated items that you and the accused were negotiating for.
  6. Futanari Sylveon

Steam:
    After reporting the matter to Steam Support, and examining the accused's friend list (noting that he has several administrator friends, some of which for Steam Rep itself), and their inventory (one of my unusuals has already vanished), it's at this time I feel that even if I were to attempt to report him, my items are long gone, and myself left sorely out of pocket.
    I submit these final pieces of evidence, and then I will either withdraw my statement and move on, or see if this brings about any reprimand on the accused, simply because I have no further way to incriminate the accused, and even if I did, I feel as if it would do nothing. The fact of the matter is this: I have lost a lot of money, and the fault is squarely on my head for being too trusting with someone who was too reputable.

Attached Files:

7. Futanari Sylveon

Steam:

Attached Files:

8. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    Hello @Futanari Sylveon
    The evidence is sufficient for your report to be prioritized for further investigation.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, and please do so again if you encounter any scam attempts. Thank you.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  9. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @Futanari Sylveon , looking at your report I see you tampered some of the chat- unfortunately by our requirements that enough to reject the report. We cannot verify the amount of lines in the chat you tampered. You did admit to changing one reply from the accused. That being said this report has been rejected.
    For future reports make sure you take screenshots of the chat from steam it self, not via mobile. Make sure you don't edit or tamper any screenshots. Thanks!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**