1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198206311057 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Nympholama, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nympholama

Nympholama Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49198545
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198206311057

Victim profile: 76561198058662819

What happened? Description:
    I've known Shiny Lucario for a minimum of a month, i know he buys backpacks or items for real money through paypal; i never done any exchange since i did not need any money.
    However i had 2 keys and a pair of earbuds left which i did not want to use so when we were talking he asked me if he could buy my earbuds, then added 2 keys to make it easier for him to pay.
    I was fine with it since he was paying 5 keys in total with real money (exact amount for the items, however the payment would be slightly more to pay paypal fees).
    I trusted him; we spoke for quite a while and i didn't see anything bad in him, so i went first as a good trader would do, and as soon as he got my items he started to slowly make his replies take more time to arrive and make up excuses he was doing something.
    After a day i still haven't received any money and when i asked if i could have my items back he unfriended me (i checked his backpack he does not have any of the items i gave him).​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Katpolice

Katpolice New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92954363
    Hello, @Nympholama Can you provide a uncropped screenshot of your inventory history and a uncropped screenshot of your PayPal activitys? (Dated back a month) Thanks!
  3. Nympholama

Steam:
    Yes of course.

Ps; the black bar at the bottom is my print screen trying to make up for the space my first monitor is missing, i have 2 monitors of 2 different sizes.

Attached Files:

4. Nympholama

Steam:
    Just realized you can't really see the date on the paypal one, here is a better version of it.

Attached Files:

5. Tabris

Tabris New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:120189658
    I got warned about this guy by Nympholama shortly after the scam happened and've kept him on my friend's list to remind me to keep up with the report, and I have a few things to add (though I'm not sure to what degree it'd help)
    An assumed alt account that Nympholama's items have probably been put in, assisted by the fact that the last time it was online was when the scam occurred: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198129382946
    And the fact that today I noticed some more odd activity from him, seeing the default ? icon getting me to check out his profile, which now looks like he might be attempting to impersonate a giveaway bot (putting in two screenshots; note the url change to "sweepstakesbot8")
    sl1.png sl2.png
  6. riverman

riverman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17621864
    Not sure if it helps but I got the guy to admit to scamming. Good luck!

Attached Files:

7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Nympholama If you don't mind please go thru and screen shot your trade inventory history - be sure to make sure the URL is enabled to show at the top, mouse over or put the pointer on the users name in question so it shows the hypertext/url at the bottom of the browser when you screen shot. Don't edit it in anyway and upload here please. Thanks!
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  9. Nympholama

Steam:
    I'm not really sure on what you are trying to say but i'll see what i can do, and especially if i can find the trade
  10. Nympholama

Steam:

Attached Files:

11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Nympholama Thanks for that, and since its been a while from the report start - I'd need a retake of your paypal history from say Nov 20th till now if you don't mind. Make sure not to edit it at all and show URL at top of screen.
  12. Nympholama

Steam:
    This are all the transactions of september 2015 and december, nothing in the middle nor his "payment".

Also the link to his backpack.tf to see more proof he is a scammer.

http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198206311057

Attached Files:

13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks I'll move for review.
  14. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @Nympholama,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.