1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Already Banned Report: 76561198212757492 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mao Zebong, Mar 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mao Zebong

Mao Zebong New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:148767862
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198212757492

Victim profile: 76561198257801452

What happened? Description:
    Got offered a 1:1 trade on CSGO Lounge. Clicking a tradelink provided on his steam profile leads to a trade with a private account of the same name and avatar. The items in the inventory are identical except for condition. Instead of an agreed FN item, one finds a BS one. I did not fall for the scam, but the user should definitley be marked as suspicious. Took screenshots of each single step. If anything else is needed to flag this guy please let me know.​

Provide Evidence:
    All images submitted in same order as these thumbnails

View attachment 389165
    Initial offer on CSGOlounge, a nice 1:1 trade.
    View attachment 389166
    Clicking on his lounge profile as no trade link is provided with the offer. Most likely intentionally.
    View attachment 389167
    Clicking on his avatar to get redirected to steam profile because tradelink can still not be found. A decent profile opens up and I check the inventory to find the desired M4A1-S
    View attachment 389168
    The item is right where it should be. In offered condition (Factory New) and float (checked on csgoexchange). I navigate back to his steam profile and click the tradelink to proceed with the trade.
    View attachment 389169
    As the trade window opens, I notice instant warnings of Steam level 0 and name changes. Proceed to check the item that was offered.
    View attachment 389170
    It is the same skin of the same gun but in Battle Scarred condition this time. As you will notice, all his items are the same as in the inventory of the main account, except the missing Operation Wildfire coin. I do not proceed with the trade as it is an obvious inventory scam. Continue clicking on his profile provided in the trade window.
    View attachment 389172
    Profile is private and steam ID 64's differ
    Main account
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198212757492
    Inventory scam account
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198263630328

Attached Files:

2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Mao Zebong,

Based on the evidence presented in Report: 76561198212757492 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items), I have marked this thread for further review.
    We appreciate the time you took in order to file this report. Thank you.

Best,
    Gentleman
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.