1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198250551206 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Xondius, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xondius

Xondius New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90784473
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198250551206

Victim profile: 76561198141834675

What happened? Description:
    Ive posted an offer on tf2outpost (http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/28099165#latest), couple days go by (already 3 people tried to scam me, but they were already banned), and he adds me on steam, when i accepted he was idle, so i decided to look up his profile, and he didnt have any items or good history, ive checked his steamrep and he had clean history, so i thought he has items on other account or steam is bugged, i typed his name in the google to check steamrep, and when i went on the profile it had a bit diffrent name, and it was profile of trusted trader Gov Yurchik (http://steamcommunity.com/id/name-yurchik), So i thought it was just a bug, couple of hours go by and he sends me a message that can be seen in the screenshots, when he send me a link to this other traders profile i realized that it might not be a bug but he is just trying to scam me, ive checked all the profiles and there were 2 diffrent yurchiks, when i called him out for scamming , he instantly removed me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Xondius

Xondius New User

Steam:
    Screen5 is screenshot of me talking with the real Yurchik.
  3. Target Practice 2

Target Practice 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5809686
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/440/tradingforum/364039785169336959/

Links to another user's claim of being scammed. Does not have chat logs but given how the fake Yurchik went so far as to impersonate and even copied the real user's Yurchik when he changed his profile pic in the last hour it does lend credence to Xondius claim's.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Xondius Thanks for report- if you could please open up both profiles of this user and the other he is impersonating and do a side by side screen shot. Thanks!
  5. Xondius

Xondius New User

Steam:
    He changed his profile and now impersonates strife, thats the screenshot of both profiles.

Attached Files:

6. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
    Strife S> Key $ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.