1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198252164520 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Erron Black, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erron Black

Erron Black New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23800256
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198252164520

Victim profile: 76561198007866241

What happened? Description:
    My name is Martin Mengui, I am from Montevideo, Uruguay.

After agreeing about trading two of my steam keys for one of his; we went from facebook to steam. I sent my keys first, he blocked me after that. From Steam and facebook. After that hapened I posted the following message in the Steam Groups that this guy was a part of:

"Dear gamers friends, hope you are doing great.
    My name is Martin, I am from Montevideo Uruguay. I am an honest, hard working man that works 14 hours a day to fight another day. Today, in a "Steam Trade" on Facebook I posted the same list of games that I have on my profile. I was contacted by a user in facebook under the name: Mert Cebelü. He wanted to trade GALAK-Z for 2 keys, Saints Row IV and Insurgency. Since I already have these games and I am a subscriber of the Humble Monthly Bundle; I decided that it was a fair trade. I NEVER request the keys first, I am an honorable man who chooses to trust. I gave him the two keys first, and then he blocked me from Steam and Facebook. This is his Steam Profile.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/y2j1990/

His nickname is "y2j".

I already reported him as a scammer on Steam, and I know I won't get my keys back or the game that I wanted to play so badly, GALAK-Z. But at least I can share my bad experience with the community, since this user is a part of all the groups where I will share this message with.

If someone by chance knows him and he regrets this, I just want the GALAK-Z key back. That's it.

Thank you all for taking the time to read and share this with your friends."

I got a lot of feedback from people who had shady transactions with him and people who got scammed by him. One of them, provided me with his link to his profile on SteamGifts.com. That's when I reach that website for first time. A friend on Steam told me that is the best place to make trades; because people pay attention to their feedbacks and they don't want to have issues with it. And that was the main reason why people who had shady transactions with him can't report him; because they are afraid of getting a bad feedback. So I posted him the negative feedback on there and AUTOMATICALLY he unblocked me from facebook. He said that his little cousin was using the computer and stole my games. He attempted to blackmail me by saying that my games were not worthy enough, and I needed to provide him with ANOTHER key in order for the deal to be good for him. I said "I never got the game in the first place". He provided the key for the game. I activated it, unfriended him and I stopped talking to him. I did not block him. I just stopped talking to him stating that he was too shady to do business with, and the cousins story was infantile. This is when the magic happens:

He talked to me from a DIFFERENT facebook account (his real personal one) and said that he needed my negative feedback away. I never replied. I learned that he uses two profiles, the one in the link above and this one: http://steamcommunity.com/id/1907lan/

He probably has more.

The account that he used to scam me, seems to be blocked by Steam after I reported him there. If you verify the link, you will see that is no longer there. After Steam did this, he insulted me through facebook in turkish, and he gave me the following negative survey in SteamGifts:

"buzzDEN
    (+24/-3)
    Whaaat? I saw this his feedback for me right now, What a liar.. i give this guy GALAK-Z. If anyone don't believe me they can check his games. He is a liar, dishonorable, ungrateful. He is slandering on peoples. Everyone be carefull please."

stating that he "JUST SAW IT" when it was there since the start and he is ALWAYS online on the site; but what a coincidence that he JUST saw it 5 days after. Again, I am a 28 years old, who has a few free hours a day of his time to dedicate to his hobby; gaming. I don't want to deal with these situations. I am writing you, guys and I apologize for the long post, so you can help me show the Steam community what a scammer this guy is. The community who wants to be part of giveaways, trade and stuff. Fun stuff. Not dramatic, stealing and not honorable stuff like this thief.

Please take a look at the screenshots. EVERYTHING is clear there. I am adding numbers so you can follow the order of the story through the screenshots. I am including: the original chat through a Steam Trade facebook group; unfortunately I did not know how Steam Gifts worked or if it was reliable before this whole situation. My facebook name is Martin Enemigo.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    From there, I am including the complete log of the transaction from Steam. And then, his messages from his REAL facebook, begging to have the rep removed and then insulting me when his account was closed. We need people like this kid OUT of this communities. They are a rotten apple that needs to be removed from the tree.

I really appreciate your time and please let me know if there is something that I can do to help.

Have an amazing weekend!

Kind regards,

Martin Mengui.​

Provide Evidence:
    Everything is included in the screenshots. These screens must be read in order.
    I apologies for taking the time. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  2. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    In evidence #8, it seems that the accused has given you the GALAK-Z key, and you have accepted it.
    This doesn't seem to match with your description. Would you kindly explain what happened exactly?
  3. Erron Black

Erron Black New User

Steam:
    Thank you SO much for your response. I am blown away with such a quick response. I will quote my post above;

"I posted him the negative feedback on there and AUTOMATICALLY he unblocked me from facebook. He said that his little cousin was using the computer and stole my games. He attempted to blackmail me by saying that my games were not worthy enough, and I needed to provide him with ANOTHER key in order for the deal to be good for him. I said "I never got the game in the first place". He provided the key for the game. I activated it, unfriended him and I stopped talking to him."

He did provided me with the key. 24 hours after he blocked me. I have the game. The key works. He did that JUST to get his negative feedback removed from SteamGifts. If I didn't start the posts in the group, I would never be able to find his profile in SteamGift and he would never returned the game to me. That is obvious.
  4. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    Hello @Erron Black
    Thank you for the detailed explanation.
    The evidence is sufficient for your report to be prioritized for further investigation.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, and please do so again if you encounter any scam attempts. Thank you.
    Erron Black likes this.
  5. Erron Black

Erron Black New User

Steam:
    You are very welcome. Thank you for taking care of my report so quickly. Since this is my first, and I hope the last, report that I do for the site; how is it go from here? You will post here again once the further investigation is finished?

I appreciate in advance your response. :)

Have a great day!
  6. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    Once a report is prioritized, it indicates that the report has sufficient evidence and is ready to be reviewed by an administrator.
    The administrator then reviews the report attentively, investigates, and takes appropriate actions.
  7. Erron Black

Erron Black New User

Steam:
    Hello all. It's been a week since my original post and I wanted to know if there is any updates concerning the subject. Thank you so much for your time.
  8. Erron Black

Erron Black New User

Steam:
  9. Erron Black

Erron Black New User

Steam:
    Hey guys!

Hope you are all doing great. Another week has passed and not only this guy has been permanently suspended from SteamGifts, I see that he scammed another user who open up a ticket with you guys here.

Any news about my report? is there anything you need me to provide? We need this guy banned as soon as possible.
  10. Erron Black

Erron Black New User

Steam:
    Hey TFD. :)
    Any updates regarding this?

Thank you in advance for your response!
  11. TFD_Industries™

Steam:
    This report has already been assigned to one of the administrators, they'll review it when they get to it.
    Please be patient.
  12. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Since the intent / deceit here is clear, I'll accept this report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.