1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198257886744 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by FailSafe, Jul 5, 2016.

1. FailSafe

FailSafe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40658143
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198257886744

Victim profile: 76561198041582015

What happened? Description:
    I was selling my BP and Lasoon offered to buy it. We agreed on $375, and I went first. I sent my items to him, and he "sent" my paypal funds. In the screenshot he provided, it seems as though he edited my paypal email in over a different send receipt. Apparently the money was really sent to someone named "Henri Tuulik," possibly an alt paypal of his or something. Everything checked out okay on his end, at first. He was VAC banned, but his excuse for it seemed legit. In my haste to cash my backpack out, I failed to realize that this guy has minimal hours in any games, is a low steam level, and joined the BP.TF forums only a few days ago.

I'm not saying it wasn't my fault for being so gullible, but I would like this guy marked as a scammer, so that others may avoid him.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first five screenshots are my initial conversation and trade agreement with the user. Once I called out the paypal screenshot, he unfriended me. It's obvious that he knew I was catching on and bolted. The sixth is his spoofed paypal receipt. The seventh is a picture of my paypal balance to prove I did not receive the money. The eighth is the identity verification.​

Attached Files:

2. ✪ Snissel

✪ Snissel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:156532029
    @FailSafe
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History for last few days to present (NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
  3. FailSafe

FailSafe New User

Steam:
    I think I got the right screen shot? Lemme know if I need to do anything else

Attached Files:

4. ✪ Snissel

✪ Snissel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:156532029
    Okay, now please provide a full screen shot of your Paypal activity for let’s say the last several days full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload here.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @FailSafe will need a full screen of your paypal activity for last week or so.
  6. FailSafe

FailSafe New User

Steam:
    Sorry, was asleep

Attached Files:

7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    paypal activity?
  8. FailSafe