1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198263128547 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by -0wnage-, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -0wnage-

-0wnage- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43029936
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198263128547

Victim profile: 76561198046325601

What happened? Description:
    I'm a reputable seller and so he added me on steam to buy keys, I sold him 21 keys + 1 ref for a total of $39.00 on 16th April. about 2 weeks later my paypal loses money and I figure out hes refunded his money so I searched about who it was since I have so many buyers. he didn't bother even telling me, when I found out and confronted him about it, he ignored my message so I instantly thought he was a scammer and therefore posted negative rep for him to warn others, a day later he sent me a message insulting me and claiming paypal was having issues and he's not really bothered about me over others and so after a little back and forth he claimed hes not sending my money back and then deleted me from steam, of course whilst keeping the 21 keys + 1 Ref I sent.​

Provide Evidence:
    Chat history on steam didn't go back to 16th April, but on mobile the chat went back to our latest convo which includes his clear message of scamming.​

Attached Files:

2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    -0wnage-,

Based on the evidence presented in Report: 76561198263128547 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items), I have marked this thread for further review.
    We appreciate the time you took in order to file this report. Thank you.

Best,
    Gentleman
    -0wnage- likes this.
  3. -0wnage-

-0wnage- New User

Steam:
    Wow this still hasn't been processed, what is even happening around here.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @-0wnage- apparently you don't pay attention to the thousands of reports we have and those that we have done which is again thousands...with thousands left.
    There isn't but so much we can do.
  5. -0wnage-

-0wnage- New User

Steam:
    I do pay attention and I've seen multiple reports get processed within days or even weeks. Yeah I understand there's a lot to do but it's been months, giving the scammer enough time to scam continuously. I was going to report another scammer but I don't see it being processed until next year so don't think there's a point.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well there are alot with EP or evidence provided - that I even did a whiel back that I've not gone back to.
    For myself I've been processing or at least replying to the new ones coming in to help keep ahead. Those that are like this one and back we will get to as we can.
    I'd say the new ones with ACTIVE scammers are priority but lets say for this guy here...he's private and doesn't appear to be active anymore which I feel you would agree that those that are active would be best to deal with those as we can quickly.

As for not thinking there is a point.... you are missing the point of Steamrep. The idea is to educate users, give others a tool to search and see what others traders are doing if there is something there such as even researching yourself and seeing the posts you make here. The objective of SR isn't to punish so if your wanting someone banned/tagged that isn't the 'point' as you put it. If you make a report the objective is done... same would apply to someone reporting you for something, that would be searchable even if it wasn't true just saying.
  7. -0wnage-

-0wnage- New User

Steam:
    Firstly, Thanks for the replies and info. Appreciate that.

Secondly, I agree with giving others the opportunity to research about a certain person to view their trading status. I know there's no way of punishing anyone and that's far out of reach but what I do want to see is that person being tagged/marked for the benefit of everyone else. My point, to elaborate.. is that with these reports passing along for extended periods of time, the person isn't marked for anything. For example this guy I reported he appears to be "Normal" on steamrep yet VAC banned on steam. Going just of Steamrep he seems fine and that's been the case for a couple months ever since I opened this report.

Also, at one point, when this report was made, he was ACTIVE and of course after so many months he's laid low now, so I don't think there really is a prioritized system in place.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Marking isn't the objective... as I said its about education and giving someone a search tool to see if a user has had issues in the past...or even research yourself since your ID also is searchable here.
    There are much older reports aging... limited resources to go thru them all. Some may never each reach this point just how it is.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Declining this report - edited screenshots are no longer acceptable.
    No formal agreement - the trade shows item for item regardless of what was discussed after the fact.
    Rejecting
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.