1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198265140243 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by inventor188, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inventor188

inventor188 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:108971015
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198265140243

Victim profile: 76561198178207759

What happened? Description:
    After listing my professional killstreak black box kit on outpost I was added by someone who offered to buy it for real life money. They claimed they would pay me via paypal pal for the item, then the proceeded to send me an invoice from paypal (which is requesting payment, not giving it), and then claimed money would only come through after I traded them the item. After consulting a friend who is much more of a professional traded I realized it was a scam and I have not accepted their offer to either give them money through paypal or to give them my item.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Hello @inventor188
    The evidence is sufficient for your report to be prioritized for further investigation.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, and please do so again if you encounter any scam attempts. Thank you.
  3. Dr.Swag

Dr.Swag New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:152437257
    Hello first of all i wanted to say i honestly had no intentions of scamming anyone here i wanted to let him go first because he didnt have much rep and didnt seem too trustable. So i went on making an invoice to make him get me the item so then i could honestly send him the money. I honestly didnt want to go first because i know it is not safe for either party. I just want to say i am very sorry for anything this has caused for anyone here and im also very sorry inventory i did not have any intentions of taking your items away and then just leaving with them without paying. Also i want to say a big sorry to steamrep for wasting your time for this when there are many other cases to be taken care of.

Thanks and have a great day!
  4. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.