1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198295054401 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by bun00b, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bun00b

bun00b New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34405374
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198295054401

Victim profile: 76561198029076477

What happened? Description:
    I have never offered to trade my knife yet, yet this guy offered me a random trade with a (clearly) free offered skin, and the description tells me to go to some fishy site to trade my knife. I got the trade request today, but the account seems to have last logged in a month (30d) ago. So probably a bot/script or something.
    The account is member of 1 group, which is CS.MONEY. If you go to the group you will see comments of people saying the skins they put on the site were lost somehow.

Basically the account uses a free item to lure me to this website (which I still haven't visited for safety purposes), where I would be tempted to trade, and instantly lose my skins.

I have not accepted the trade, obviously. It might also be a way to get me trade banned or something. The whole thing is just too fishy. I did report this account, and I am going to decline this offer as well.

Even if you here decide this isn't a scam, I just wanted to put this out there, and maybe help someone out. Thanks for reviewing this case.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here you see the trade I was offered. The trade hold is of the card trade with my friend, who hasn't used Authenticator for a week (I put that trade onscreen as well, just in case). You can clearly see he's offering me a rather worthless skin, to bait me into using their website. Haven't clicked/visited it still, because I don't trust the website itself.
    View attachment 436418

And here you can see that some of the people lost their skins. I took a screenshot here in case the comments might get deleted.

View attachment 436417

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @bun00b
    Please provide a full screen shot of that trade offer again- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
  3. bun00b

bun00b New User

Steam:
    You said don't edit but the posting rules say I can edit out my friend's names. That's the only thing I did.
    You can see his url in the bottom left. If this does not satisfy you, I can also record a GIF of me going to my trade page and hovering over the name and I can send that through PM.

Attached Files:

4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks moving to review - but yeah next time don't edit or you can drag a chat box over top of a private name or something - we are changing the screenshot guide now to reflect the changes since if you edit one thing whos to say something else wasn't.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. bun00b

bun00b New User

Steam:
    Yes, you're right, there is no real way of knowing if/how much was edited in a picture. That's why I said I could make a GIF (moving image), so you see what is happening when I click on things, and it would be easier to notice if something was edited.

Anyways, thanks for reviewing this case. :)
  6. bun00b

bun00b New User

Steam:
    By the way, I just checked and the accused profile is trade banned now.

[​IMG]

I'd like to add this to my evidence.
  7. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.