1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198297998984 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Logic TF2, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Logic TF2

Logic TF2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:84561181
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198297998984

Victim profile: 76561198129388091

What happened? Description:
    They added me on 17/08/16 claiming they wanted to trade with me, but my Steam Auth wasn't available until today [16/08/16]. When they spoke to me about trading they said they wanted to pay with real money. I suggested they used Marketplace.tf to buy ingame currency to make the trade safe, but they then went on to talk about how you can now transfer steam funds in a recent update [which I know IS NOT TRUE.] After pointing this out, they then started to report saying they will report me, make a fake story [shown in evidence] to try and get me steamrep banned. After that, they then went on to try and blackmail me into trading, at which point I removed them. I have NO relationship with this person. They added me out of the blue.

NOTE: The user did NOT send me a trade offer as I was quick to realize the attempt. I can show my trade offers if needed, but it is currently empty.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence 1-4 shows the chatlog.

Evidence5 shows the scammer trying to blackmail me into trading, and claiming to create a FALSE REPORT in attempt to get me steam rep banned.

Evidence6 shows the profile steam page of the user, with the recent name of the one in the chat log.

SteamTrade shows no offer was sent, nor denied as I was quick on the act. If this isn't enough evidence I can do my best to provide more.​

Attached Files:

2. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Thank you for your report!
    I have marked it as "evidence provided" and an admin will look at it in due time.

You can also report the user by filing a report with VALVe through the user's Steam profile

In order to report the account to VALVe, you have to:

1. Visit the accused's steam profile
    2. Click the "MORE" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "REPORT VIOLATION"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence, just like you would in one of our reports
    5. Click the "SUBMIT REPORT" button.

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation through a user's Steam profile.

Happy trading,
    Inu

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Hello @Logic TF2,

Your report was accepted for this user, though they were already banned for other reports. We've added the offense to our notes as further consideration during any appeal. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click the MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view the animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for submitting a report to us.