1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198311337498 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TheDark, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDark

TheDark New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48717760
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198311337498

Victim profile: 76561198057701249

What happened? Description:
    So, it all started when this user randomly added me today on steam. I accepted his friend request and he told me that he had a "proposal" for me (Show in screenshot below). He then went on to tell me that he had "coins" on a site and that he couldn't convert them to items and withdraw because he was "banned". At this point, I knew it was a scam just from past knowledge and decided to throw a curve ball at him. I told him that I would help him if he helped me and used words from a similar scam just to see if he would say "hahah" and remove me. He was oblivious to my gesture and then proceeded to link me this site where the "coins" were (obviously, I didn't click it/sign in to it via Steam API). I then decided to go along with his scam for a little while to see where it would go. He would ask me questions and my answer would just be "yes" so that it seemed like he got me in his "trap".

At one point, I told him that I would be taking his credits and that he was done for. He kept begging me to not "scam" him and to give him his credits/items. I then played on with it again for a little bit.

We then got to the end of the conversation (Screenshot #3), I then "cracked" him I guess. I got him to open up that it was a scam and gave him like 3 lines of "advice" just to make it seem like we were on the same team. He then told me how the scam works and that he enjoys doing it to make "very easy money". Basically the victim would log into the site, have these "new credits" and when they went to "Withdraw", it would say that they need to deposit a minimum of $50 before withdrawing. Thinking that they would be making money off of this, the victim would then add $50 only to figure out there was nothing to withdraw, thus being scammed out of $50+ in items.

In the end, this user needs to be reported because of the fact that people probably do fall for this scam, which is sad.​

Provide Evidence:
    Scammer - Screenshot #1 --> First part of the chat between me and the scammer

Scammer - Screenshot #2 --> Second part of the chat between me and the scammer

Scammer - Screenshot #3 --> Third part of the chat between me and the scammer

Scammer - Profile From Chat --> A screenshot of me hovering over his profile in the chat and the profiles matching

NOTE: Sorry for the use of profane language/inappropriate language... These scammers really annoy me.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Did you get any trade offers?
  3. TheDark

TheDark New User

Steam:
    What more info is possibly needed?

"Thinking that they would be making money off of this, the victim would then add $50 only to figure out there was nothing to withdraw, thus being scammed out of $50+ in items."

You don't get any items in the first place.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Didn't answer my question
  5. TheDark

TheDark New User

Steam:
    Alright. No, I did not receive any trade offers
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You stated your a moderator of a betting site..what is the site?
  7. TheDark

TheDark New User

Steam:
    "At this point, I knew it was a scam just from past knowledge and decided to throw a curve ball at him. I told him that I would help him if he helped me and used words from a similar scam just to see if he would say "hahah" and remove me. He was oblivious to my gesture and then..."

I'm not a moderator on any site. I knew the kid was a scammer(again I said this in the full write up above) and then played along with it. The "curve ball" is me pretending to be a moderator (this is apart of another common scam that I'm sure you've come across).
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks - in the future don't troll a user like that - keep things simple let them bury themselves and leave it at that..makes things confusing.
    Be sure to report user to Valve also
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.