1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198339679744 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by FrenzYCS * PCMR, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrenzYCS * PCMR

FrenzYCS * PCMR New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41848506
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198339679744

Victim profile: 76561198043962741

What happened? Description:
    He's clearly impersonating me to try scam people, popped up a couple of days after I got my middleman tag.

Sorry if this has been formatted strangely, first time submitting a report here.

P.S If someone can change my username from FrenzyCS to just Gamertroid that would be great :p

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

• ev1.png
      ev1.png
      File size:
      18.6 KB
      Views:
    • ev2.png
      ev2.png
      File size:
      9.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    No evidence of intent to scam here - @FrenzYCS * PCMR Do you have anything else beyond name/profile image cause this isn't enough to tag here.
  3. FrenzYCS * PCMR

FrenzYCS * PCMR New User

Steam:
    Just got him to add me and tricked him through my alt account, if this isn't enough I don't know what is tbh @ЩĄ | Horse

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    What alt account? SR profile block to alt account pls
  5. FrenzYCS * PCMR

FrenzYCS * PCMR New User

Steam:
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    uggg... private profile.
    Screenshot activity from alt showing it adding that user pls.
  7. FrenzYCS * PCMR

FrenzYCS * PCMR New User

Steam:
    I've linked my activity feed from my alt, but it is blank for some reason (maybe due to my profile being private at the time). I've also attached the chat logs I've had between my alt and main along with how long I've had my alt added to proof that I didn't produce false chat logs.

If you are wondering why I only have my alt added for 'one day', it is because I defriended my alt account so I could trick the impersonator. Because obviously if I had both accounts added my chances of fooling him would've been damaged.

Attached Files:

8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ehh no I'm having a hard time verifying identity to your alt and the user to verify the chat screenshot.
    I'm having a huge time with this report cause of the lack of everything... private profiles are harmful to evidence collecting. You never checked your alt's steamrep profile or the accused while your alt was having any discussion with it so that left no history.
    I see your alt asking him that it needed a middleman - he comes back saying he isn't one.
    gamer.jpg

I'm not sure what you want me to do here...put yourself in my shoes with what you gave me.
  9. FrenzYCS * PCMR

FrenzYCS * PCMR New User

Steam:
    He said he wasn't a middleman because he knew I caught him. Do you think it is a coincidence you can't comment on his profile after that comment? When I told him the 'other guy' was going to add him it was my main account, I wanted him to know I had caught him.

Clearly it seems I might of forgot something, though I feel like the amount of evidence I've sent is more then enough. Don't know if it will help but just looking at this kids previous name shows he's up to no good.

Attached Files:

10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I can leave a comment on his profile now if I wanted to - block is wide open shows in the picture I added that I can add a comment.
    Your name history:
    game1.jpg

His name history:
    game2.jpg

I don't see but one hit - doesn't appear he's following your name pattern.
    I'll have to dig into this more to see if I can find some more intent but like I said the private profile on your alt killed your attempt to show the connection with the chat screenshot - it keeps no identity record at all here when you do that or your activity apparently.

I'll review this in due time...feel free to add anything else you come across.
  11. FrenzYCS * PCMR

FrenzYCS * PCMR New User

Steam:
    Thanks for keeping this report open even if I do disagree with the current decision. I'll see if I can catch him out in another way.

And that's strange, he must've opened them after I checked because my other accounts couldn't comment shortly after this incident. I can only assume he's blocked my main and the alt involved in this report.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    After discussing it with another staff member I'll apply a caution at this time but the user can certainly appeal it and explain their intentions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.