1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198172758575 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TarAldarion, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5470987
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198172758575

Victim profile: 76561197971207702

What happened? Description:
    User was supposed to pay in bitcoin, offered cheaper item as collateral while I went first. Instead of paying they blocked me. I traded them a golden trove cask and they traded me a golden venoling, after they got the trove they were supposed to pay and I would return the venoling. They didn't pay and blocked/went offline. He made his profile private, he keeps changing his profile pic and steam community link. You can't add him to friends it says it is full. i added all his friends to my friends before it went private and warned some, some already knew and are scammers, some didnt know and thanked me and reported him to steam when I showed them proof, they will be keeping him on friends to keep an eye on who he becomes friends with etc. He has 4 unconfirmed reports from other users on here too.​

Provide Evidence:
    User has multiple strikes against him here, anyway to get my full chat history with him? he talks for ages to avoid easy screenshots, talking nonsense about taxes and random steam and dota stuff. Added screenshots of trade history, and some chat where he agrees to terms and then just goes offline after, blocking me.​

Attached Files:

2. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    I am being told he is removing all his friends, thats what his other friends said haha.
  3. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    How do things work here, no replies? Is it a slow process
  4. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    @TarAldarion

- Do you have the end of the chat by any chance?
    - Can you copy/paste the bit coin address?
    - The trade history you provided, I don't see "American Dad" or "Kawaii" in the list.
  5. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    Hey Skyrider, the end of the chat is in scam2-png, he just goes offline after he asks for my bitcoin address and blocks me.
    My bitcoin address is 1f89091c-43a4-479f-9723-39f0ae9097c7
    He changed his name immediately after blocking me to 14, then he seems to change it a few times every day now. It is currently maggie simpson or something
    In my chat history above he mentions sending me a gold venoling, it is that trade in my trade history.

Will help with any other questions as this scumbag shouldn't get anybody else and has 5 people with reports on him here now. Thanks for checking this out!
  6. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    To claify the screenshot is scam-png and he says "bye veno youll be missed for a few minutes"
  7. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    Anything else needed?
  8. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
  9. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    bumping to get this scammer banned.
  10. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    any progress?
  11. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
  12. a514n

a514n New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:120506967
    Bumping your report will not speed up the processing of your report. You have already clarified your evidence to the admin, and so you must now wait while he does his job. I understand it has been a long time since he has last responded, but you must understand that these reports take time.
  13. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    Ok, on reddit they said if you don't bump it it will never be looked at again. And it's still tagged as need more info from two months ago, so like you said it doesn't seem bumping it matters :p
  14. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    Anybody take a look at this?
  15. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
  16. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please no bumping the reports - we get to them as we can.
  17. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    Is here very understaffed? I understand if there is a lot of work but to think there is a back log of over a year is surprising. I thought nobody was even checking etc.
  18. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @TarAldarion Understaffed...no but tons of reports - yes.

We really don't want reports bumped though... however I'll take a quick peak...need a few things though.
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History for a few days before and after that trade basically centering it to the screenshot- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
    Also drop the BTC hash key into blockchain and provide a full screenshot of that.
  19. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    @ЩĄ | Horse

Sorry for the delay! Here is the screenshot requested: http://imgur.com/a/3HFjo

I'm trying to do the bitcoin thing but not sure what you mean, will check it out more now..
  20. TarAldarion

TarAldarion New User

Steam:
    I think this is what you want? it has one transaction that happened before the events in my OP:
    http://imgur.com/a/7Kzj0

Looking at the screenshot in my last post, that id links to the users current profile, however I imagine he will change it again soon. I can take another screenshot if that happens. Thanks for the help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.