1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197969414332 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by The Fedora Gamer, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Fedora Gamer

The Fedora Gamer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:79559885
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197969414332

Victim profile: 76561198119385498

What happened? Description:
    So I am on CSGO trader trying to trade my knife for something slightly better. I find a guy with a knife I am interested in so I add him. It is 2:48AM at the time I am making this report. He claims he is a livestreamer by the name of "Hotted" which his twitch is https://www.twitch.tv/hotted89 And his steam is https://steamcommunity.com/id/alanator89
    I looked at Hotted streams just to take a look to see who I was looking at. I then saw somebody do the command !steam and the response was:
    LosW1ath : !steam
    Nightbot : https://steamcommunity.com/id/alanator89 This is my only account beware or impersonators
    You can prove this by going to Hotted's twitch chat and typing the command. So the person trying to scam me was impersonating the streamer trying to trade with me. He tried to prove himself but I told him to talk with me over skype or discord or anything like that and avoided it. I then said why not message me over twitter since you are active on there? He once again avoided it. My main proof that he was a scammer is that the account trying to scam me was created in 2003; Hotted (The Real One)'s steam was created in 2006 which threw a red flag at me. Also I checked the scammers past names which were all different and trying to trade. I told him why would you change your name so much if you are a streamer claiming you are hotted? He did not give me a proper response. The pictures show the whole trade chat dealing with it. The accounts like as middlemen were actual Steamrep admins (From which I didn't look much into but they appeared to be) It ended by the scammer accusing me of attempting to scam him but proved no evidence unlike I had. Thank you very much :). I try my best to help people not get scammed because I remember the horrifying experience when I was.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.